+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 101

Thread: Mohr defends LCS

  1. #31
    Don't Panic senrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bainbridge Island, WA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,165
    [QUOTE=pudman13]
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina


    I will add that no one seemed to like Jeff Kent(?? The texas cowboy comedian with cancer last year?)QUOTE]

    It was Sean Kent!

    Jeff Kent is a baseball player with a porn moustache, but considering his lie about injuring himself falling off of his truck at a car wash, he qualifies as a comedian...
    sorta like Kaz?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

  2. #32
    FORT Newbie da huffinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    42
    Naturman had the best night in Las Vegas than any other comic. It's a travesty that he is not in the house. Good luck to Dan in his career, I hope he makes it to Saturday Night Live, which is basically every stand up comedian's dream when you think about it.

    Formula to why people become stand up comedians

    Hard Work + Stand up Comedy= publicity = SNL= making box office movies (i.e. Sandler, Farley, Ferrell) = $$$$$





    p.s. Go Jay London!!!
    american idol 1= The traditional pop star is found
    american idol 2= Talent over image
    american idol 3= America is on crack

    George Huff was the last man standing, good enough for me!

  3. #33
    Queeny queeny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    toronto
    Age
    51
    Posts
    334
    [QUOTE=senrik]Still, I wonder whether this cast was designed for actual comedic value, or to create conflict in the house.

    I'm OK with LCS meets the Surreal Life, as long as that is their intent. But don't lie to me and say that off stage stuff didn't matter in the selection.





    I truely believe the intention of the show has shifted from last year and we have been played by TPTB. This was a show about searching for the next big talent. NOW its a show about conflict and forced scandals.
    I agree with a poster that said that Dan will move on, and people will come out to see him because of this show.

  4. #34
    Queeny queeny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    toronto
    Age
    51
    Posts
    334
    [QUOTE=colby_d](my favorites from this season being: Ant, Kathleen Madigan, Jessica Kirson, & Marina Franklin) but they all appeal to me for one reason or another.


    Hang in there Colby, I just put a house call in to Dr Phill, he's on his way.

  5. #35
    examination of what addikted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    297
    I'm surprised to see so many people so passionate about the talent issue. I knew last year that the format of this show didn't lend itself to finding America's funniest comic. It was obvious when Dave Mordal became a casualty of the system, obvious when America voted for Dat Phan. This show is essentially Big Brother with comedy face-offs instead of HoH challenges. If it were about finding the funniest comic, all finalists would perform each week in front of an expert panel that has autonomy over who gets cut. There'd be no vetoes, no challenges, no in-house scheming getting in the way. I like the format of the show. There's plenty other venues to see pure standup comedy, so I just enjoy this show for what it is.

  6. #36
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    Quote Originally Posted by da huffinator
    Naturman had the best night in Las Vegas than any other comic. It's a travesty that he is not in the house. Good luck to Dan in his career, I hope he makes it to Saturday Night Live, which is basically every stand up comedian's dream when you think about it.

    Formula to why people become stand up comedians

    Hard Work + Stand up Comedy= publicity = SNL= making box office movies (i.e. Sandler, Farley, Ferrell) = $$$$$

    p.s. Go Jay London!!!
    Actually, just skipping STRAIGHT to the movies is their dream !

    Besides, I can name a boatload of SNLers who tried to make movies and wound up with real stinkers.


    p.s. - ALSO Go Jay London!!!

  7. #37
    ~Entertainment Daily~ colby_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Center Stage
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,685
    Quote Originally Posted by queeny
    Quote Originally Posted by colby_d
    (my favorites from this season being: Ant, Kathleen Madigan, Jessica Kirson, & Marina Franklin) but they all appeal to me for one reason or another.

    Hang in there Colby, I just put a house call in to Dr Phill, he's on his way.
    Queeny, I wasn't looking for solace or help in that statement.

  8. #38
    ~Entertainment Daily~ colby_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Center Stage
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,685
    Quote Originally Posted by addikted
    I'm surprised to see so many people so passionate about the talent issue. I knew last year that the format of this show didn't lend itself to finding America's funniest comic. It was obvious when Dave Mordal became a casualty of the system, obvious when America voted for Dat Phan. This show is essentially Big Brother with comedy face-offs instead of HoH challenges. If it were about finding the funniest comic, all finalists would perform each week in front of an expert panel that has autonomy over who gets cut. There'd be no vetoes, no challenges, no in-house scheming getting in the way. I like the format of the show. There's plenty other venues to see pure standup comedy, so I just enjoy this show for what it is.
    Adikted, I can't say that I've seen you around before, that I remember ayway, but that was a great post and a great point.

    It does get a bit old hearing about how TPTB ruined the show by what they did or didn't do. You can watch Friday Night Standup on Comedy Central or HBO Comedy at nights if you have that, or go out and rent The Queens of Comedy or some other comedy special for that matter if you want "the best talent".

    But actually, I don't think we have a house with 10 untalented comics. They're all good at comedy in some way, shape, or form. Now, that's not to say we all don't have people we wanted to get through that didn't or people we really didn't want to see go through that did. I, for one wanted Jessica Kirson, Jim Wiggins, and Marina Franklin, among others, to get through. Also, I wasn't looking forward to Jay London or Bonnie McFarlane going on, among others. They're good at what they do, but how funny someone is is very subjective.

    Regardless, though, I'm still watching the show. I wish those I liked, who didn't go on, the best of luck, but I'm still entertained by this show. I can't stand Rich Vos, but I still loved last season. I don't think Dat's anywhere near the best comic in America, but I still loved last season. This is going to be a good reality show. If you disagree with the talent, go elsewhere to find your favorite comic.

  9. #39
    FORT Fogey Clipse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    On Hiatus
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,165
    Quote Originally Posted by colby_d
    Wow, I'm surprised because Madigan is actually more of an established comic and I know has more fans and wider approval. I don't even know what it is about the comics I like (my favorites from this season being: Ant, Kathleen Madigan, Jessica Kirson, & Marina Franklin) but they all appeal to me for one reason or another. I remember last season I liked Tere when most people didn't (and I loved the "Right on, cha-cha-cha!"). Tess was my favorite, but I also liked Ralphie, Dave, and Cory.
    I will never, ever understand why you like the contestants you do. It blows my mind that Kirson and Franklin have fans. Let alone Omarosa and the rest

  10. #40
    ~Entertainment Daily~ colby_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Center Stage
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,685
    I'm never going to escape this. I don't know what it is about me that makes me like who I do. I need to make a list of all the people I like where I'm in the vast minority. And if I forget anyone, I'll just come to one of you guys who seem to notice it quite often. Right on, cha-cha-cha!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.