+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Mohr defends LCS

FORT Fan
    What's with the producers saying the finalists have to be funny ALL THE TIME? I remember watching last year and Dat Phan was frequently criticized by his housemates for not being funny in the house. And he won.

I wish the producers would just come clean, it's obvious they're not looking for the best comic, they're looking for the comics that will make the most interesting show. That's especially obvious when they say some people gave the best set of their lives in Vegas but weren't giving them much of anything in confessionals/interviews hence they were not picked (most likely referring to Dan Naturman)

I'm glad Naturman is not in , but I wish Ant was out. I rewatched the show on Saturday and Sunday and nobody really stood out for me.

Well whatever the intention of the executives they are getting a LOT of free advertising because of this so-called controversy.

Quote Originally Posted by colby_d
    I don't know about Dan Naturman, nor do I care, but Mohr's explanation seemed pretty good to me, and I'm satisfied.

Also, Tess was my favorite last year, and I think she's hilarious, so to each his own, I guess.
    I think it's perfectly valid to not like or care about Dan Naturman, but whether people do or not, Naturman's case is just an illustration that Mohr is talking in circles. TWICE, recently, Mohr has spit out that stuff about tacking up the 7 people with majorities among the celebs on the wall, and the producers having to fill the remaining three spots based on their own opinions. Now we don't have Drew Carey, Brett Butler and Anthony Clarke here to question, but I don't see why Carey would make the statement that Naturman got those three celeb votes if he didn't. I don't REALLY care what happens to Dan Naturman (because I'm a selfish b@&^rd), but I'm just saying it illustrates that Mohr is talking "spin", not truth. Either that, or he's implying that Carey is a liar.

I see what you're saying, and as mad as I am that Jay London got in the house, I'm just tired of hearing about Dan Naturman. I actually would have preferred to see Marina or Jim Wiggins in the house before Dan, and actually, some of the others. But I do see where it doesn't add up that if 3 people were on Tess's, Drew's, and Brett's list, then why, if Dan was on Drew's, Brett's, and Anthony's, did he not get through? Either Drew's not telling the truth, or they took those 7 that were on the majority of the judges' lists but they didn't take Dan. I don't know. I'm just ready to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by colby_d
    I see what you're saying, and as mad as I am that Jay London got in the house, I'm just tired of hearing about Dan Naturman. I actually would have preferred to see Marina or Jim Wiggins in the house before Dan, and actually, some of the others.
    I can agree on Marina, at least (although I've noticed some Marina-dislike elsewhere here, personally I loved her). Wiggins was okay, but if he got through a good part of that probably would have been sentiment.

Also, since I think we've established elsewhere on this forum that the 2 "halves" we saw were just created through editing and were for announcement and not judging purposes, I'd say our choices of who was better than Naturman or Ant or Gary Gulman is pretty wide. Monty Hoffman, for one.

Personally though, I loved Jay London. I think he requires a slightly different sense of humor than many of the others. You need to be the kid that used to sitting and waiting for Don Rickles to start heckling back a heckler by telling him to relax because the set was almost over, or a person who didn't mind that Henny Youngman was telling ancient jokes, because his delivery "sold" them. Jay London needs a chorus of people standing behind him going "ba-dum-bum" after every joke, or perhaps a rimshot from a drummer.

He's funny in a very different way, but I just don't really care for that kind of schtick. That's just me. I'm one of Ant's few supporters and I love Kathleen Madigan. I also liked Jessica Kirson, who I know didn't have as many fans. But I often have to agree to disagree when it comes to opinions on reality contestants. That's why I'm ready for this Dan Naturman thing to blow over.

Oy. I'd actually give you Kirson sooner than Madigan. For some reason Madigan seemed SO derivative and boring to me. I'm watching like... "you know, even if I haven't actually HEARD these jokes before I FEEL like I have". Kirson, at least, for all the apparent outrage over her even getting that far was "different".

Wow, I'm surprised because Madigan is actually more of an established comic and I know has more fans and wider approval. I don't even know what it is about the comics I like (my favorites from this season being: Ant, Kathleen Madigan, Jessica Kirson, & Marina Franklin) but they all appeal to me for one reason or another. I remember last season I liked Tere when most people didn't (and I loved the "Right on, cha-cha-cha!"). Tess was my favorite, but I also liked Ralphie, Dave, and Cory.

"Established" doesn't always mean "good". I mean look at Sue Costello.

Bonnie McFarlane is considered to be pretty well established too. Plenty of these folks are.

Right, I agree on Sue, and I actually don't care for Bonnie either. Just that Kathleen seems to have a lot more supporters than Jessica Kirson, but obviously not everyone has the same opinions. I was just surprised to hear someone who's more for Kirson than Madigan.

+ Reply to Thread