+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 101

Thread: Mohr defends LCS

  1. #11
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    45
    Jay Mohr isn't even funny to me so I do the big roll of the eyes and the "whatevers....Jay...thanks for coming out...". I guess you get extra "points" for running around and jumping on furniture (Todd Glass), and showing your underwear (Bonnie)...and I guess points probably accumulate from last year's audition (Ant). Oh okay so that's what will get you in the house...if you aren't a good comic....I really want to see this topic discussed on Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn....with Jay Mohr, Bret Butler, and Drew Carey on the panel...and Jim Norrton Wouldn't that be a great show!!!

  2. #12
    FORT Newbie da huffinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    No it's not. At least concerning Dan Naturman, Drew Carey clearly says on the show that he, Brett Butler and Anthony Clarke ALL voted for Naturman and that he didn't get through. I just saw it again last night. How does Mohr's bit of BS explain that?

    So it's really Tess' fault for Dan Naturman not going through. Well thanks a lot Tess for turning this competition into another search for the next Dat Phan. God I hate her, she's not even funny.
    american idol 1= The traditional pop star is found
    american idol 2= Talent over image
    american idol 3= America is on crack

    George Huff was the last man standing, good enough for me!

  3. #13
    It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    But being blue is more work.
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,952
    AJane, I'm more mathematically challenged than I thought. You're right:

    - All four judges picked four contestants.
    - Drew, Brett, and Tess picked three more, making it seven.
    - If, as Drew said, he Brett, and Anthony all voted for Naturman, then the question as to why Naturman didn't move on wasn't answered by Mohr.

    But I'll stick with my theory that Naturman's outburst explained why he wasn't chosen. And I solemnly swear I'll not mention him again. He's gone. I'm ready to move on.

  4. #14
    Can They Do It?? mrdobolina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Miami of Canada
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    But I'll stick with my theory that Naturman's outburst explained why he wasn't chosen. And I solemnly swear I'll not mention him again. He's gone. I'm ready to move on.


    I will add that no one seemed to like Jeff Kent(?? The texas cowboy comedian with cancer last year?)--audience or housemates--last year. And with the whining crybaby act Dan N. did after he didn't make the house, I get the feeling no one would of like him, anyway...audience or house.

    What if NBC had picked him to be in the house, and then only showed him being a whiny brat the whole time. Would of really wrecked his career. Now he has controversy, and people seeking him out to go and see his comedy. Personally, I think he is better off.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

    It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

  5. #15
    FORT Regular totalwreckage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    AJane, I'm more mathematically challenged than I thought. You're right:

    - All four judges picked four contestants.
    - Drew, Brett, and Tess picked three more, making it seven.
    - If, as Drew said, he Brett, and Anthony all voted for Naturman, then the question as to why Naturman didn't move on wasn't answered by Mohr.

    But I'll stick with my theory that Naturman's outburst explained why he wasn't chosen. And I solemnly swear I'll not mention him again. He's gone. I'm ready to move on.
    Becasue only unamious votes were automatically in the house. So when there were 4 judges voting a cast ,memebr would have needed all 4 votes. Since Clark only voted for 4 people that left Tess, Carey, and Butler as the unamious group becasue Clark didnt have any Votes.

    This basically means Tess didnt vote for Naturman so he didnt get to make it. Logic would say that Tess isnt funny and her one vote shouldnt be more important than Carey, Butlers, and Clarks, and in this case it basically was.

  6. #16
    Don't Panic senrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bainbridge Island, WA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,165
    Quote Originally Posted by totalwreckage
    Becasue only unamious votes were automatically in the house. So when there were 4 judges voting a cast ,memebr would have needed all 4 votes. Since Clark only voted for 4 people that left Tess, Carey, and Butler as the unamious group becasue Clark didnt have any Votes.

    This basically means Tess didnt vote for Naturman so he didnt get to make it. Logic would say that Tess isnt funny and her one vote shouldnt be more important than Carey, Butlers, and Clarks, and in this case it basically was.
    Still, I wonder whether this cast was designed for actual comedic value, or to create conflict in the house.

    I'm OK with LCS meets the Surreal Life, as long as that is their intent. But don't lie to me and say that off stage stuff didn't matter in the selection.

    My question is: where is the winner of LCS1? shouldn't he have a larger role (at least larger than the runners-up?)

    Where is Dat Phan?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

  7. #17
    Mrs. Pusser's fanclub pudman13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    In my own mind
    Posts
    98

    Sean

    [QUOTE=mrdobolina]

    I will add that no one seemed to like Jeff Kent(?? The texas cowboy comedian with cancer last year?)QUOTE]

    It was Sean Kent!

    Jeff Kent is a baseball player with a porn moustache, but considering his lie about injuring himself falling off of his truck at a car wash, he qualifies as a comedian...

  8. #18
    Anarchist AJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Charming
    Posts
    9,357
    Quote Originally Posted by totalwreckage
    Becasue only unamious votes were automatically in the house. So when there were 4 judges voting a cast ,memebr would have needed all 4 votes. Since Clark only voted for 4 people that left Tess, Carey, and Butler as the unamious group becasue Clark didnt have any Votes.

    This basically means Tess didnt vote for Naturman so he didnt get to make it. Logic would say that Tess isnt funny and her one vote shouldnt be more important than Carey, Butlers, and Clarks, and in this case it basically was.
    Oh, God, my poor little brain I had to read that 3 times before I caught on.

    I get it, but as my TPBs would say, that's pretty greasy. The 3 votes from the judges that Naturman got should've gotten him in. JMO, of course.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

  9. #19
    FORT Fanatic leeinsmyrna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    694
    Tess should have given her vote to Naturman instead of flirting with the other guy, cos he had a big ****!

  10. #20
    ~Entertainment Daily~ colby_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Center Stage
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,685
    I don't know about Dan Naturman, nor do I care, but Mohr's explanation seemed pretty good to me, and I'm satisfied.

    Also, Tess was my favorite last year, and I think she's hilarious, so to each his own, I guess.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.