Closed Thread

Thread: Rerun on TV Tonight Paris Hotel in Las Vegas

Rerun on TV Tonight Paris Hotel in Las Vegas

If you missed the show turn it on tonight and catch up. The rerun tonight on TV from the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas.

FORT Fogey
    what time?

8pm EST
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Scratch that. It started at 7pm EST. Sorry about that.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Hm. The rerun on now seems to be the first hour from last week; maybe the second hour is at 8?

ETA: That does seem to be what's happening.
    Last edited by Lucy; 06-20-2004 at 08:01 PM.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Watching again (at least the last 10 minutes of the 2nd show--I came in and flipped the TV on at that point) cleared up a few things, because I was watching closer.

-Anthony Clarke WAS definitely the third for Dan Naturman. Carey used his name. Given Jay Mohr's later public pronouncement that "comedians who received a majority of the votes went up on the board", but that this filled only 7 out of 10 spots, it's still suspicious as all hell.
    -When Engel talks to Carey and the on-screen disclaimer is mentioned, he isn't actually showing Carey anything there at the show--he's just telling him that there WILL be one. In other words, his mention of the disclaimer does nothing to prove that the producer's actions weren't, in fact, a last minute change in strategy, because it's easy to promise that a disclaimer you won't need to write for another five months will say something. Plus there's always SOME kind of disclaimer.
    -Carey was clearly talking to more than one comedian backstage when he implied to them that they were robbed--at least one female voice responded to him in that hallway.
    -The shot of Dan Naturman looking pissy and childish after the results were announced were definitely somewhat out of context. It could have been AFTER Carey and Butler made their feelings clear for all we know. But even if it was right after the results, it's obvious from the reaction of both him and others that the general impression was that Naturman "killed".

I watched Naturman on stage after they announced the top five. He didn't look that upset, and he was clapping and smiling a little. I'm wondering if he was pestered so much that he ended up irritated backstage and just wanted the cameras off of him.

^^^

Think about it though. How would Naturman have looked had he blown up on stage? I'm sure he held in alot of supressed rage.

Another thing I'm wondering is if it was possible for one of the housemates who got picked to give up their spot to give someone who deserved it more like Dan a chance to get it. That'd be kinda cool but it's hard finding someone who has a decent heart like that.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Having a "decent heart" would have nothing to do with giving up a spot in the house. Even if I knew I sucked with my set, but still got into the house... I'd NEVER give up that opportunity.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Closed Thread