Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bonnie

FORT Newbie

Bonnie

Did anyone here really have a problem with her language at the Vegas show? And what is everybody's general opinion of her?

I had no problem with her language, and so far she is my favorite.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie
    She's hot. She's not funny. I'd have sex with her.

I didn't think much of her the first time I saw her, but the set she did the night in Vegas turned me around. Part was her no B.S. attitude and part was the fact that she knew how to grab on to the audience's energy. I've usually noticed that female comedians are usually more observational in their humor and laid back, and so I like the difference of an in-your-face female comedian. Brett Butler used to be that way too before she got all crappy sitcomy.

I don't like Bonnie because she put down Kerri Louise. She said that Kerri wasn't funny at all. Sounds like a poor sport to me. I wanted Kerri to get into the house and wanted to see Bonnie shipped home just for that comment.

I was not offended by Bonnie's language. I just don't think she's funny.

I don't think she's particularly funny.
    I can do without the use of the c-word, even though it was beeped out.
    There'splenty of other things she could have said that would have made the point but not have been so generally offensive as that particular word.

I think she's bang on with regards to Kerri though.
    That white-out on the pregnancy test joke was probably the most pathetic comment of the series so far imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    While I have missed this show quite a few times with various other commitments, I must say that I already don't like Bonnie just from the recaps. I am the kind of person who likes comedians that can be funny without using the sex jokes that you would be embarassed to laugh at around your parents. It's to easy to come up with dirty jokes, I have a lot of respect for people that can use some good clean humor and keep it funny. Just a personal preference I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    It's to easy to come up with dirty jokes, I have a lot of respect for people that can use some good clean humor and keep it funny. Just a personal preference I guess.
    I'm with you, Fleming...plus, it may be easy to come up with dirty jokes, but if you're going to do humor that way, at least make them funny (she did NOT, IMHO) She was the only one who got into the house that I would have liked to see booted out of the contest early on. I couldn't believe she even got to Vegas. And then on top of not being at all funny, she was mean and and acted like a...what's that "C" word?...oh yeah, Conceited comic. I would much rather Chris Voth, Paul Varghese, Dan Ahdoot or Dan Naturman would have gotten into the house...but I guess the producers wanted someone in the house for the viewing audience to love to hate...

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Several of last year's comics work blue, esp. Vos and Mordal. But LCS is primetime tv, and the comics' language should reflect that. I heard Dave mention that several times. I think the term used is "appropriate".

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast