+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Dan Naturman

  1. #31
    FORT Fanatic Carla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    Yep, I'm pretty sure that was John Lovitz.
    LOL! He used that all the time when he was playing "The Liar" on Saturday Night Live.

    Hello, my name is Tommy Flanagan, and I'm a member of Pathological Liars Anonymous. In fact,I'm the president of the organization. I didn't always lie. No, when I was a kid, I told the truth. But then one day I got caught stealing money out of my mother's purse. I lied. I told her it was homework - that my teacher told me to do it. And she got fired. Yeah, that's what happened. After that, lying was easy for me.

    I lied about my age and joined the army. I was thirteen at the time. Yeah, I went to Vietnam and I was injured catching a motar shell in my teeth. And they made me a three-star general. And then I got a job in journalism, writing for the National Enquire- er, Geographic; yeah, I was making twenty thousand a y- Month. In fact, I won the Pulitzer Prize that year. Yeah, that's the ticket.

    And then my cousin died, Joe Louis, and I took it hard. Maybe too hard - I tried to kill myself. Yeah, I did kill myself. Sure, I was medically dead for a week and a half. It was a woman that brought me out of it - Indira Gandhi. Yeah, right, and she told me about Pathological Liars Anonymous. Oh, you'd be surprised how many famous people belong. In fact, at one of the meetings I met my wife, Morgan Fairchild. Yes, I'm a changed man now, and all because of Pathological Liars Anonymous. Why, I - I even have my picture on the cover of Newsweek magazine. Yeah, every day. Yeah, that's the ticket.

  2. #32
    FORT Fan PIKATSSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    LOL! He used that all the time when he was playing "The Liar" on Saturday Night Live.

    Hello, my name is Tommy Flanagan, and I'm a member of Pathological Liars Anonymous. In fact,I'm the president of the organization. I didn't always lie. No, when I was a kid, I told the truth. But then one day I got caught stealing money out of my mother's purse. I lied. I told her it was homework - that my teacher told me to do it. And she got fired. Yeah, that's what happened. After that, lying was easy for me.

    I lied about my age and joined the army. I was thirteen at the time. Yeah, I went to Vietnam and I was injured catching a motar shell in my teeth. And they made me a three-star general. And then I got a job in journalism, writing for the National Enquire- er, Geographic; yeah, I was making twenty thousand a y- Month. In fact, I won the Pulitzer Prize that year. Yeah, that's the ticket.

    And then my cousin died, Joe Louis, and I took it hard. Maybe too hard - I tried to kill myself. Yeah, I did kill myself. Sure, I was medically dead for a week and a half. It was a woman that brought me out of it - Indira Gandhi. Yeah, right, and she told me about Pathological Liars Anonymous. Oh, you'd be surprised how many famous people belong. In fact, at one of the meetings I met my wife, Morgan Fairchild. Yes, I'm a changed man now, and all because of Pathological Liars Anonymous. Why, I - I even have my picture on the cover of Newsweek magazine. Yeah, every day. Yeah, that's the ticket.

    Awwwwww...THANK YOU, CARLA...THIS WAS GREAT!!!

  3. #33
    wonka
    Guest
    Norton explaining the contract conflict and talking about naturman.

    jimnorton.blogspot.

  4. #34
    FORT Newbie da huffinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    42
    Here's an older clip (doesn't say date, but I assume it's older b/c conan is much fatter) of Dan Naturman when he was on Conan

    Dan Naturman on Conan
    american idol 1= The traditional pop star is found
    american idol 2= Talent over image
    american idol 3= America is on crack

    George Huff was the last man standing, good enough for me!

  5. #35
    FORT Fan PIKATSSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by da huffinator
    Here's an older clip (doesn't say date, but I assume it's older b/c conan is much fatter) of Dan Naturman when he was on Conan

    Dan Naturman on Conan
    Great clip, Huff...Thank you so much!!

  6. #36
    FORT Fan PIKATSSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by wonka
    Norton explaining the contract conflict and talking about naturman.

    jimnorton.blogspot.
    Wonka, thank you for posting the note about J. Norton's message. I did read it, and it was interesting to see the more human side of him, and actually made me feel a little bad about being so negative re J. Norton and his raunchy humor. I still find his brand of humor too gross and angry--but if he ever checks out the FORT, he will see that I am definitely in the vast minority on that count. Seeing as there obviously IS an audience for that type of humor, I guess one can't blame the guy for capitalizing on it.

    Anyway, thanks again...it was fascinating to hear things straight from the horse's mouth (so to speak), and if I can trust that Norton can find humor in something other than the (im)purely grotesque, then it is kind of reassuring to hear that even Naturman's competition (or at least former competition, who didn't really have anything nice to say about anyone else) thinks he's one of the funniest comedians in the business.

  7. #37
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    190
    One of the things I find unlikable about him is his ordinary materials and lack of expressions. He can make fun of anything, but his set does not make me go "hmm, that's interesting". And he does not seem to be funny outside the stage, since he does not show emotions a lot, I can see why producers want John Heffron into the house who I thought should be replaced by Dan.

  8. #38
    FORT Fogey AIWANNABE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Big Brother House
    Posts
    9,833
    He was on CBS news this morning talking about the re-opening of the Improv club in NYC.

  9. #39
    D'oh chowderr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    this..isn't..gattaca
    Age
    39
    Posts
    68
    Dan was just on Tough Crowd and his lips were not as glossy as normal. He actually looked good. He was also pretty funny when he could get a word in over Colin, Patrice O'Neal and Judy Gold.
    "Alcohol: the cause of and solution to all of life's problem's"

  10. #40
    Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    3,158
    Quote Originally Posted by chowderr
    Dan was just on Tough Crowd and his lips were not as glossy as normal. He actually looked good. He was also pretty funny when he could get a word in over Colin, Patrice O'Neal and Judy Gold.

    I just came in here to talk about that. I was going to start a new thread, but this works.

    I thought Naturman was good on TC. He's funny, of course, but he did seem a little star-struck or something. The other comics seemed to like him, tho, since they seem to pick on the ones they don't like. Anyone see when Dat Phan was on there - yes, they picked on him, and no, he didn't get it.

    I think Naturman's going to be just fine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.