+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: *WARNING* Extensive Spoilers - Full results In This Thread

FORT Fan
    there is nothing that says this season has to follow what happened last season in regards to what the ousted comedians are back for....
    i would love to see something different and see one of the 4 who got booted have a chance to get back in....but that would leave 6 comics in the house still.
    i would expect them to change lcs up a little every season to liven it up.
    i'm still hoping next season the first guy the alliance gangs up on challenges the best comic, then goes first at the head-to-head and uses all of the other comic's best material.....people back at the house would have no clue what happened, but would definitely be afraid to challenge them....

Little Lord Phompharoy Graham Headey's Avatar
    The last thing any comic would want to do is blatantly steal another comedians act in front of a national audience. Being labeled a thief in the comedy world is a great way to insure you never ever work in comedy clubs again. Also you have to worry about the impending lawsuits for doing such a thing. Stealing someone else's act (how they make a living.) is just as bad as stealing any physical possession.
    Oh boy nap time. That's where I'm a viking.

FORT Newbie
    I just saw a commercial on NBC, and there's a twist, the people that were voted off are actually coming back on. They mentioned something about revenge.

i think Jay London is funny, I don't think it's because he's as friend of anyone. I mean, I'm listneing to Gary's set right now and if he was at a party beside me cracking those jokes, I'd ask him to "please go away." All these comics are pretty bad- I think the golden age of Stand-up is gone-people think boring observations about life is what stand-up is- they all think they are Jerry Seinfeld- but even Jerry wasn't that great before his show- he was in funny in the show's stand-up act--

Gary and John Hefron is what is wrong with stand-up comedy today.

Quote Originally Posted by RickGene
    This spoiler is BS, cause i KNOW that Jay London is in the final 5 (although I don't think he should be)
    Well you were wrong.

as for cringe guy, Jay was week 4 and Ant is week 3

thats all for now.

cya
    Interested in Titanic the game? click the link and watch this completely origional game play out. click here

Gary and John Hefron is what is wrong with stand-up comedy today.[/QUOTE]

theyre my two favs.
    Interested in Titanic the game? click the link and watch this completely origional game play out. click here

FORT Newbie
    Heeheehee Jay London is back in the "final five" or should i say final five plus one

Quote Originally Posted by zapata
    i think Jay London is funny, I don't think it's because he's as friend of anyone. I mean, I'm listneing to Gary's set right now and if he was at a party beside me cracking those jokes, I'd ask him to "please go away." All these comics are pretty bad- I think the golden age of Stand-up is gone-people think boring observations about life is what stand-up is- they all think they are Jerry Seinfeld- but even Jerry wasn't that great before his show- he was in funny in the show's stand-up act--

Gary and John Hefron is what is wrong with stand-up comedy today.
    What you hate about stand-up comedy is basically the definition of it. Stand-up is filled with observations of life. Comics observe things about themselves, about people around them, and about the life around them and put these observations in joke form.

Even Jay London has done this.

He observed that he looks like a cave man if he grows out his hair and hunches his back just-so, and works out enough to have huge muscles, and he uses this to get laughs.

To say that observational comedy is boring is an opinion.... a boring opinion!

HAHAHAHA!

.... Oh man... I tired to be sophisticated....

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Headey
    The last thing any comic would want to do is blatantly steal another comedians act in front of a national audience. Being labeled a thief in the comedy world is a great way to insure you never ever work in comedy clubs again. Also you have to worry about the impending lawsuits for doing such a thing. Stealing someone else's act (how they make a living.) is just as bad as stealing any physical possession.
    You may want to read Jay Mohr's book -- Gasping for Airtime. There's a section in there which is very relevant to your post.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567