+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: *WARNING* Extensive Spoilers - Full results In This Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zapata
    The first post looks right, even if it is out of order. I'm surprised though if Jay London gets taken out- he's got that "Robin Williams" type feel and looks as if he would do good in a challenge. He is certainly the most memorable of the bunch.
    And there is that certain aspect of him being Jay Mohr's friend and all...I wouldn't be surprised if he made it to at least the Final 5...
    Shows I'm Watching: CSI, Survivor, Without a Trace, Third Watch, X-Play

Quote Originally Posted by SunSawed
    Well the Spoiler f'd up but I think it's just 3. Ant, 4 London. Final 5 as stated.

They had 300 freakin people at each show. How can they NOT spoil the F5???
    Well, last year, they would film both endings in front of the audience, one with Gary winning and then one with Ant winning so the studio audience would not know who had really won. I'm sure they did that this year, too- the person who squealed is most likely a friend of one of the ones who were taken out or survived because they would know.

FORT Fan
    Jay Londen will be out this week, I just got my TV guide today in mail and they did article of LCS. ONly 6 were left and Jay is not one of the 6.

Even if Jay is out, he has gotten enough exposure to get some opportunities- the rest is up to him- it's not that much about winning as the opportunities that open up to you and what you do with them- there shoud be some interest in him now and he needs to go for it- even put this behind him-

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballler
    Jay Londen will be out this week, I just got my TV guide today in mail and they did article of LCS. ONly 6 were left and Jay is not one of the 6.
    I'm not AT ALL happy about this...he should have been one of the final five for sure. I guess I didn't ever feel Jay would have an advantage in ANY head-to-head. His is not the kind of standup that gets the BIG belly laughs...

Darn! I'm just sad...
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
    -- Ashleigh Brilliant

PSi
    he's gotten more than enough exposure to the point where he can headline sold out clubs for some time now....

Ultimate American Idol RubenIZMyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RickGene
    This spoiler is BS, cause i KNOW that Jay London is in the final 5 (although I don't think he should be)

Seeing that he was eliminated last night how do you KNOW this?

Quote Originally Posted by RubenIZMyne
    Hmm...maybe it's the twist? Maybe the comics voted out can switch one person? or something like that?
    For example the voted out comics would have to vote the least funny person of remaining five out, and the remaining five would have to vote the funniest person of the voted out 5 back in? I could see Jay getting the back in votes, people like him ok compared to other options.
    Last edited by Tirlittan; 07-14-2004 at 03:16 PM.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Originally Posted by RubenIZMyne

Hmm...maybe it's the twist? Maybe the comics voted out can switch one person? or something like that?
    For example the voted out comics would have to vote the least funny person of remaining five out, and the remaining five would have to vote the funniest person of the voted out 5 back in? I could see Jay getting the back in votes, people like him ok compared to other options.
    One absolutely sancrosanct rule in this game is that NOBODY who makes the House can be forced out of the game without an audience's consent. Up until now, you COULD NOT be forced to leave the game by sheer personal pettiness and backstabbing alone; your standup act had to be voted less funny than another. That is the entire point of the game; otherwise it's just a duller version of Survivor and not worth watching.

I certainly agree that if anybody were to be voted back in, it would be very likely to be Jay, but if this game has any integrity at all, I think he's gone, and there is probably no way he made the finale. Of course, the game doesn't really have much integrity, so they might completely ruin it next week.

FORT Newbie
    I actually think it would be an interesting twist if one of the four already booted was allowed back in. Well, not so much ALLOWED back, but instead, maybe the next head-to-head challenge will be between one of the four already voted out and one of the people still in the house. For example, Jay London going up against Corey Holcomb. It would still be legitimate because the ex-housemate would still have to perform and prove that he/she is funnier, and therefore winning a seat in the final five would hold some merit.

Think about it -- if last year Dave Mordal had been allowed to compete again, he probably would have won his way back into the final five. There are strange flukes some nights where a crowd just jives with one particular comedian, so maybe it's a chance for someone who was already voted out to show that they ARE funny. It's all about redemption

I would happily let this twist occur if it meant Tammy Pescatelli would get voted out and replaced with someone!!
    Last edited by btracy116; 07-14-2004 at 04:19 PM. Reason: because i was too excited and posted too quickly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast