+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rooting for Anyone Yet?

Marina and Jessica were also in my top 4 (with Ant and Kathleen Madigan). I really liked Marina a lot more than Retha. They had different styles, and I guess Marina's just appealed more to me. Kirson has a pretty unique brand of comedy compared to most everyone else [not quite as different as what's-his-face schtick guy (I just forgot his name) but still different] and I really like her. I did like Paul Varghese and Retha, but my problem with Paul Varghese and a few other people is using the same joke in all their sets so far. Like Paul used the boogie man joke in his first audition, the callback, and the semifinals. Granted, it was funny, but I can't judge him on just that one joke, and I don't want another Dat Phan who used the same jokes from the House as he did months later at the Live Finale.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PIKATSSO
    Although I positively ADORED Dave Mordal, and swore I wouldn't continue watching the show last year if he got eliminated (well I kept watching anyway)...I just don't understand liking Norton--way too just plain mean for my taste...seems to me his type of humor appeals more to the moronic class...which leaves me in a quandry as to how a true Mordal fan could also be a Norton fan?? But then again, I did start last year off disliking Rich Vos...and he won me over by the third episode or so...
    I've only ever seen one bit by Norton and that is what I saw in the second show. It was funny, and it was edgy... and it was a relief to see it after all the other crap. The removing the head bit was just perfect. And Tez is right, we know Dave likes Vos, and Dave isn't a clean comic by any stretch either.
    I really, really like Durst. Unfortunately, he didn't make it through.
    It would be a stretch to call me a Norton fan. He is currently the one I'm rooting for, because I liked him best that show. Subject to change, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by touque
    I've only ever seen one bit by Norton and that is what I saw in the second show. It was funny, and it was edgy... and it was a relief to see it after all the other crap. The removing the head bit was just perfect. And Tez is right, we know Dave likes Vos, and Dave isn't a clean comic by any stretch either.
    I really, really like Durst. Unfortunately, he didn't make it through.
    It would be a stretch to call me a Norton fan. He is currently the one I'm rooting for, because I liked him best that show. Subject to change, of course.
    I've tivoed both shows (Monday's and Tuesday's) and watched each several times...Norton, I suppose, is funny in a moronic kind of way...just a little TOO edgy for me personally. Have not heard any of Dave's "blue" humor...but prude though I might be, I am not as opposed to profanity or humor of a sexual nature as I am to annoying, angry or viciously moronic, ugly humor...just my taste, I guess...but someone laughing for seemingly endlessly like some nightmarish evil henchman, or standing seemingly endlessly with a sardonic smile frozen on her face. or screaming seemingly endlessly like an annoying child (Ms. Kiron) or just making mean and denigrating remarks about his girlfriend, requesting cheaper, deformed call girls. and using hideous diseases and ugly images as metaphors (Mr. Norton) just doesn't make me laugh...

While Ms. Kiron seems like a nice, if somewhat neurotic, person offstage...Mr. Norton is not someone with whom I think I would feel comfortable in the same city...or state for that matter.

I don't understand all the animosity towards ANT...I think he does overtly gay to perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by PIKATSSO
    I don't understand all the animosity towards ANT...I think he does overtly gay to perfection!
    Oops...I think I've repeated that joke on several different threads...gotta come up with soime new material...quick!

Ahdoot: He's my absolute fave, if only cause I've spent my life toiling away in academic hell instead of chasing my pipe dreams in the entertainment biz. Heck, my father even once gave me that same calendar speech to scare me into attending grad school. Hold it down for all us bookworms out there!

Naturman: Reminds me of Steve Buscemi in appearance and demeanor. Can picture him doing a cameo in an Adam Sandler movie. Better yet, make a sequel to Reservoir Dogs and cast him as Mister Pink.

Heffron: That VH sign on a Traper Keeper line won me over. Except for me, it was Warrant and Def Leppard.

Quote Originally Posted by addikted
    Ahdoot: He's my absolute fave, if only cause I've spent my life toiling away in academic hell instead of chasing my pipe dreams in the entertainment biz. Heck, my father even once gave me that same calendar speech to scare me into attending grad school. Hold it down for all us bookworms out there!

Naturman: Reminds me of Steve Buscemi in appearance and demeanor. Can picture him doing a cameo in an Adam Sandler movie. Better yet, make a sequel to Reservoir Dogs and cast him as Mister Pink.

Heffron: That VH sign on a Traper Keeper line won me over. Except for me, it was Warrant and Def Leppard.

Good picks. I'm in grad school now, so I can DEFINITELY identify with Dan. I need a calendar like him! Plus his family is so cute!
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Tez
    Dan Adhoot is my pick. Although he set is usually the same material over and over each time and although you know the punchline, it's funny every time. Hopefully he can come up with some new stuff.

Norton is one of my favorites as well, but I don't know if I want him to win. He sells out theaters and clubs her in the tri-state area on his own as a headliner. He hasn't really been doing too much on the comedy club circuit lately. He has even been in a couple of movies... small parts and maybe just one line..... but it is a movie.

DC Benny deserves to get in that house as well. I think if he can get over his nervousness, he will do just fine....

FORT Newbie...but wise SheezaLuLu's Avatar

Retha rocked!

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballler
    I also thought the Retha Jones lady was funnier than some of the ones that were chosen.
    I was really upset when she did not get picked...
    because she was wayyyyyyyy funnier than some of the other ladies. Mind you I did root for the ladies, but jeez :phhht The ones they picked... There is something really funny to me about 'black-girl' comedy, and she really got my funny bone.
    Also that old self-described 'hippie saloon comic' Whassup with leaving him behind, hmmmmm? The judges LIKED him and said as much... Maybe they were trying to let in 'new blood' figuring he had already made it on the 'saloon' circuit. Course that doesn't explain the other geezer--the recovered addict...but he was funny too and I am glad they kept him. Oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by addikted

Wow you have excellent taste. You are right on the money with naturman. I can picture the guy in a Adam Sandler movie and he does have that Reservoir Dogs vibe to him too.
    american idol 1= The traditional pop star is found
    american idol 2= Talent over image
    american idol 3= America is on crack

George Huff was the last man standing, good enough for me!

+ Reply to Thread