+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 94

Thread: Rooting for Anyone Yet?

  1. #41
    It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    But being blue is more work.
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,952
    As some have said, it's early to pick my favorite. But I do like Dan Ahdoot. Perhaps it's because I lived in Iran for six years growing up. Perhaps it's because I think from his educational background, it's clear he's got smarts, and I'm hoping that translates to some intelligent humor.

  2. #42
    FORT Newbie da huffinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    42
    Dan Adhoot- You can never lose impersonating a middle eastern father. He's really funny. The stand up comic vs. doctor calendar joke was the funniest of the evening.

    Dan Naturman- I love this guy's voice. It has such a throwback 40's ratpack vibe to it. Very unique delivery skills. I would not be surprised if he makes it to the house

    Jim Norton- This guy is frikkin h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s, but don't watch him with your kids that's for sure!
    american idol 1= The traditional pop star is found
    american idol 2= Talent over image
    american idol 3= America is on crack

    George Huff was the last man standing, good enough for me!

  3. #43
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    I mean, only 3 women really deserved to advance .... and if Ant were straight, do you think he would have moved on?
    Ant was just as gay last year as he is this year and he didn't advance then. He advanced this year as a pity/payback thing I bet, since supposedly he was like... the last person who ALMOST advanced last year.

    Unless your argument is that this year, more than last, they are intentionally trying to be diverse instead of funny. But I don't really see that after their attempt to play to diversity with Dat Phan backfired on them.

    Besides, as several people have pointed out they showed at least one other gay comedian so far this year, and he seemed FAR funnier than Ant. He had a great joke comparing how people reacted to it like it was a disease that might spread.

  4. #44
    What's a sitcom? Toxic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    641
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Unless your argument is that this year, more than last, they are intentionally trying to be diverse instead of funny. But I don't really see that after their attempt to play to diversity with Dat Phan backfired on them.

    Yea, that was my point. You might be giving the producers the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they think Dat was a successful pick, or that they were not diverse enough in their selections. Never give these ppl too much credit.


    In some ways, this show is like American Idol ... it doesn't matter if you win or lose ... just that you are seen (and seen in a good light). The losers who have talent will always do better then the winners who stink ... Dat will be the living testament to that statement.

  5. #45
    FORT Fogey JonasGrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    886
    I especially like Frank Santorelli. He was the best. He would make a great character in the house. Paul the Indian guy was very funny. But both of these guys were robbed. Chris Voth deserves to move on but he didn't. Slots by Jessica, Sue and Ant should have been given to someone else. The ones remaining, I like John "Bobcat Goldwaithe" Hernoff, Monty, Alonzo, and Dan Adoot.

  6. #46
    FORT Fan PIKATSSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by touque
    One guess who I'm rooting for, so far....
    Although I positively ADORED Dave Mordal, and swore I wouldn't continue watching the show last year if he got eliminated (well I kept watching anyway)...I just don't understand liking Norton--way too just plain mean for my taste...seems to me his type of humor appeals more to the moronic class...which leaves me in a quandry as to how a true Mordal fan could also be a Norton fan?? But then again, I did start last year off disliking Rich Vos...and he won me over by the third episode or so...
    Last edited by PIKATSSO; 06-11-2004 at 05:53 PM.

  7. #47
    Tez
    Tez is offline
    Comedy Madman Tez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    16
    Vos is much worse than Norton.

    While there comedic styles are different on stage.....

    If you talked to him in person, you would probably spit him in or slap him on the face by the end of the conversation......

    Vos and Norton have pretty much the same personality off-stage.

    Norton is just talks about it onstage and keeps his thinking to himself off stage.

    Vos doesn't talked about it onstage, but off stage he pretty much is a male whore and is pretty boisterous about it.

  8. #48
    FORT Fan PIKATSSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    As some have said, it's early to pick my favorite. But I do like Dan Ahdoot. Perhaps it's because I lived in Iran for six years growing up. Perhaps it's because I think from his educational background, it's clear he's got smarts, and I'm hoping that translates to some intelligent humor.
    Because I read most of your posts last year (although I never registered with the forum until today), I respect your opinions as always reflected so intelligently in your very eloquent manner. Ahdoot was good...the "Comedy Calendar" time line bit was indeed clever, hilarious and well delivered. I guess my very favorite was actually Chris Voth, but since he and Paul V. are gone, am probably routing for Dan Naturman--just hits my funny bone on lots of levels...from his appealing "regular guy" appearance to his attention-grabbing delivery to his cartoon-like voice to his (at least to me) interesting and unique material...

    I have mentioned some of the many others I really enjoyed in other of my posts...but think I forgot to mention Alonzo--especially loved his comeback to the Tough Crowd guy...

  9. #49
    FORT Fan PIKATSSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by Tez
    Vos is much worse than Norton.

    While there comedic styles are different on stage.....

    If you talked to him in person, you would probably spit him in or slap him on the face by the end of the conversation......

    Vos and Norton have pretty much the same personality off-stage.

    Norton is just talks about it onstage and keeps his thinking to himself off stage.

    Vos doesn't talked about it onstage, but off stage he pretty much is a male whore and is pretty boisterous about it.
    I don't know, Tez...I guess it was the ironing that won me over with Vos...or maybe the ironing combined with that "bad boy" sexy thing, combined with that scared of a little mouse thing...but with Norton I just see a misogynistic potential serial killer...he spooks me...
    Last edited by PIKATSSO; 06-11-2004 at 06:21 PM.

  10. #50
    FORT Fan PIKATSSO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by BfloChick48
    For me its Marina Franklin, Jim Norton, Dan Adoot and Jessica Kirson.
    Franklin was funnier the second night, but IMHO didn't hold a candle to Retha...Ahdoot was clever and fresh...BUT NORTON AND KIRSON?????? Oh well...different strokes for different folks...I did not understand how either of them could make the cut over Chris Voth, Paul Varghese, Retha or even the stripper!!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.