+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rooting for Anyone Yet?

Wow, most of my favorites moved on. There were a couple I really liked that got cur like Louis Ramey & Jim Wiggins. Other than that, with the exception of some who I thought were pretty good that got cut as well, I'm pretty pleased. I'm now rooting for Ant, Kathleen Madigan, Marina Franklin, & Jessica Kirson. There are a lot of other good ones, but I can't root for everyone . . .

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Ant, Kathleen, Dan. But I'm still keeping my mind open to others. These three stuck out for me.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I love Jim Norton. I've always liked him on Tough Crowd. I think he will be an asset to the house - but I don't think his crass style of humor will have a wide enough appeal for primetime. He might surprise us tho, because although his humor is pretty raw, he is a sweet guy and not nearly as off-color when he's not performing.

I'm completely astounded Jim Wiggins didn't make the cut. The only logical answer I can come up with is that he is older, more established and probably doesn't need the exposure. He was hands down the funniest, imo.

As for Gary Gulan, I agree, I don't care if he's funny or not, he's gorgeous!

Sorry to keep rambling on, but who was in charge of putting Vos on jury duty? He's not funny and his behavior toward the female comics was completely uncalled for, even if it is his shtick. I don't remember the name of the female who shot him down, saying she'd rather be homeless than go out with him - but I would vote for her to win on that line alone.

Did I hear someone ask where's Mordal? I have the same question. His new series didn't make the cut for the fall schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    I don't remember the name of the female who shot him down, saying she'd rather be homeless than go out with him - but I would vote for her to win on that line alone.
    That was Bonnie McFarlane.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I'm probably going to see more eps before I seriously start cheering someone on. There's just too many people, I can't keep them straight yet.

However, the two names so far that I can even remember and whose acts I enjoyed were Dan Adhoot & Jim Norton.

I remember Sue Costello, but in a bad way. *hops off to "rooting against" thread*
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Jay London and Marina Franklin.

London's weird combination of Meatloaf and Steven Wright works for me.

Franklin's facial expressions were facile and funny, and she used silences and pauses in her routine in a way that copletely opposed shouting morons like that Retha lady.

Glad to see a forum for what should be the best reality show of the summer.

Don't you think alot of the ppl were picked 1) Because they fit a demographic 2) They were younger / less known 3) Because they were funny. In that order.

I mean, only 3 women really deserved to advance .... and if Ant were straight, do you think he would have moved on?

If I sound bitter its because my two favorites Frank Sant. and Jim Wiggins didn't get to move on. Wiggins in particular is hilarious if you get a chance to see him live. Ah well ... I will still watch even tho two of my favorites are gone.

PSi
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    don't tell the people in the amazing race board....

also, you need different styles. the last thing you want is 10 people who all have the same style the same delivery the same jokes....

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic

Don't you think alot of the ppl were picked 1) Because they fit a demographic 2) They were younger / less known 3) Because they were funny. In that order.

I mean, only 3 women really deserved to advance .... and if Ant were straight, do you think he would have moved on?

If I sound bitter its because my two favorites Frank Sant. and Jim Wiggins didn't get to move on. Wiggins in particular is hilarious if you get a chance to see him live. Ah well ... I will still watch even tho two of my favorites are gone.

Yeah, they'll definitely want a diverse group. I will be surprised if Marina doesn't make the house, and if they have more than one black guy in the house. I'll also be surprised if we get half men/ half women.

As for favorites: Marina, London, Dan Adhoot; it may change once they're in the house.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Quote Originally Posted by PSi
    don't tell the people in the amazing race board....

also, you need different styles. the last thing you want is 10 people who all have the same style the same delivery the same jokes....
    Do ppl not realize that the AR is probably one of the most riggged and "unreal" of the reality shows? How many times can you watch someone get 4-5 hours ahead, then they have to wait 6 hrs in an airport because of "scheduling". (puts on flame resistant jacket). AR has a good host, editing, scenery ... but the game itself is flawed.

Anyways ... You are right about "styles" ... it would be pretty boring to hear 10 observational comics doing B-grade Seinfeld material.

+ Reply to Thread