+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627

Thread: 6/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    While I agree with you that Dan is very funny, and a cinderella story, I stop at saying he is reminiscent of Dat. Dan is funny, and seemingly not just on stage if his "home video interview" with his parents is any indication. Hopefully Dan has a little more material too.

I hope he makes it into the house.
    I agree. I was just remembering that a lot of FORT members called Dat's win a Cinderella story, so I was comparing him in that way. I liked Dat as a person, but grew weary of the same material. Dan is likeable and funny.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Resident Anime Robot Griffin11287's Avatar
    Who did they boo, BTW? It was in the promos but I didn't hear it.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedGood
    McKinney, the ex-cop from Maine - I thought I'd like him but I don't. He seems like a whiner!
    I think his jokes would go down better here in Maine. Until you've lived here, it's hard to imagine how white most of the state is.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Oh my god this is soooo fixed. It's obviously not based on tonight's performances.
    You have to be correct. There is no way some of these choices were made on what I saw. (Sue Costello, for example, was lousy, as was the very tall guy who "joked" about his mother having a thing for extinct occupations.)

We really couldn't tell how funny these people are since we've only seen less than half their act. I see they were suppose to perform for 3 minutes but the thing is they showed us some of the same acts that they've used before to qualify for NY. Paul V. was great even though he used the same material that got him there but they didn't show what other jokes he had. Frank Santorelli was very funny with his tough guy with a straw but they didn't show that unless he didn't reuse it. They also interviewed them a bit on stage after performing to see how witty they could be in off the cuff situations but they only showed a few of that. So far, the top 4 most unpopular (unfunny) who qualified for LV based on posts here are: Sue, Jessica, Ant, and DC in that order. I agree. Ross didn't care much for Jessica's act so I'm surprised how she got in. Sue would need new kneepads to get in the house. Ant's gay jokes are very unoriginal. Paul V. is the most popular who didn't make it, I thought he would make it even just to fill the house with various ethnicities. I hope they have a twist like bringing in wildcards.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedGood
    Ant's going to Vegas and I'm glad ONLY 'cause I want to watch him drive everyone in the house nuts.

I think Ant's funny -- but not "funny hah-hah," if you know what I mean!
    Oh...that was truly "wicked" funny!!!!!!

--(A true Sling Blade fanatic!)

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Marina deserved it. Of all the African-American comedians, of either sex, she was the best by far.
    You can't see me, but I am smiling....sort of...well, if you're still looking you will notice my smile falling slowly away...and a glaze forming over my eyes...

Marina (while from Chicago, so I am slightly forgiving) did not hold a candle to Retha Jones...

+ Reply to Thread