+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Joke This Season

I liked Paul Varghese's whole routine, and Tammy Pescatelli's description of an Amish woman on rollerblades.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I think most funny jokes were - Wiggins' jokes about every 5th baby is Chinese. Offbeat and original.

The guy that did the jokes with the straw in the drink was very funny the first night, but I think he bombed in Vegas.

I'm still pulling for the lady who put Vos in his place - very quick, clever and natural.

J.D. - I heard a comic use that "every 5th baby born in the world is Chinese" line years ago, and if I wasn't so old and dotey I'd be able to remember who it was. But it wasn't Wiggins.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I can't remember which comic it was, but I had a laugh to myself today because I was thinking about the joke in which he says that men don't know how to check out women without getting in trouble with their girlfriends/wives.

His method for looking at other women in front of his girlfriend is to criticize the other girl, like saying--Look at how she's dressed, with all her stuff hanging out. Isn't that a shame?--or something like that. Not only is that funny, it's also valuable advice to all you straight guys out there.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    J.D. - I heard a comic use that "every 5th baby born in the world is Chinese" line years ago, and if I wasn't so old and dotey I'd be able to remember who it was. But it wasn't Wiggins.

Ahhhh, good to know. Sheds a new light on things....

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I can't remember which comic it was, but I had a laugh to myself today because I was thinking about the joke in which he says that men don't know how to check out women without getting in trouble with their girlfriends/wives.

His method for looking at other women in front of his girlfriend is to criticize the other girl, like saying--Look at how she's dressed, with all her stuff hanging out. Isn't that a shame?--or something like that. Not only is that funny, it's also valuable advice to all you straight guys out there.
    I was laughing at that in another thread, SFG. Great minds think alike. I liked the little winking he did by the end.

I'm not surprised this comic was cut, but I liked: "On a good day I type 95 words per minute. On a bad day I show up to work drunk in my pajamas."
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I'm not surprised this comic was cut, but I liked: "On a good day I type 95 words per minute. On a bad day I show up to work drunk in my pajamas."
    I don't think she was. Isn't she the gal that is married to the other comedian. He didn't make it, but she did.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    For a visual, the guy talking while bowling and putting shot had be laughing out loud.

I thought Alonzo Bodden's Bed, Bath & Beyond line about unknown forces attacking his comforter was very funny as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    I liked Chris Voth(Foth?) the best...his 30 seconds cracked me up. His opening joke of "I just broke up with my high school sweetheart..........I won't be going to the prom with her this year" had me
    I'm with you...this guy was GREAT...I am still reeling from the shock of him being passed over for the likes of a Norton or a Kiran (viscious and annoying, respectively, IMHO.) Chris Voth had perfect timing and delivery, and my favorite kind of humor...I call it "cerebral"...the kind that involves you by forcing you to actually have to use your brain...and I loved the fact that he did not insult the intelligence of his audience by explaining the humor...I think perhaps he was not chosen because of his strong resemblance to Ray Romano (whose humor I also enjoy immensely)...if this is the case, then I think he should be compensated by being cast on EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND as Ray's long-lost twin brother or perhaps a cousin...but in any case, I am sorely disappointed that he didn't make the cut, and hope I'll be seeing more of him.

Had to love Paul Vorghese--"take the boy, take the boy..." and Dan Naturman--LOVED their delivery--great, really funny material. too.

I also love humor that reveals those secret little character flaws of which we are all so guilty--case-in-point--Corey Holcomb--now this guy knows women! "All you have to do is talk bad about the cute chick..." and that little wink...PERFECTION! Another one with flawless timing and delivery!

I would take Justin McKinney as a son-IN-LAW (a bit of a pun there...sorry) in a heartbeat--what a sweetie! Very sad he didn't make it...so darn likeable!

And though I am loathe to admit it, there were a few people I liked despite myself--in particular, the stripper. I didn't want to like her on GP (Getting Prudish)...but she was actually quite funny in a sad, realisitic kinda way.

I did not get the humor of Susan Houston (the "strike a pose" chick)...was it just me???

I thought Tammy Pescatelli (the Sicilian) also had some funny stuff and flawless timing and delivery.

Well...I could go on and on...but am eager to read other comments...
    Last edited by PIKATSSO; 06-11-2004 at 03:19 PM.

I don't remember who did this joke, and it's not the most stand-out funny, but today I thought of the guy who was talking about taking the blame for bad reception whenever he's on the phone with his girlfriend.

I was on the phone with my husband, and I think it is his fault he's not closer to a satellite.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread