+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to expect this season..?

FORT Fan

What to expect this season..?

I hear this season will be better than last year! And they will actually have several funny comedians -so to say- compared to last year.

Most of the comedians last year were mediocre, this year, I hear the comedians are actually funny.

And...

I feel Ralphie May should've won.
    Great site for results info:

www.wgvo.com

Watch the Preview on NBC.com.

MORE ETHNIC COMEDY.

We've got a woman eating matzoh a funny way, next we have a man talking about being from an Italian family and his mother teaching him to shave, then we have a black guy joking about being pulled over by a cop for being black, a bit later in the clip we have a guy joking about playing football at Boston College and having the nickname "Jew", a bit later we have a guy talking about and imitiating Mexican music.

In all, it's about 3/4 of what's shown in the preview.

Is this the legacy/lesson of Dat? Maybe. Dat certainly wasn't the only one to make ethnic jokes (I'm counting racial jokes as the same thing), but it does seem more prevalent--at least from those clips.

One things for sure, with the way this is being casted, there will be definite conflict.
    We know that Ant (the gay comic) will be in the house. Can we assume that there will be a redneck homophobe in the house? Probably.

Without a doubt the funniest moments in the house last year were brought on by conflicted. And with the corrupt casting of the show, you can be sure that there will be a:
    Gay Comic
    Bossy New Yorker
    Black Person
    College Kid
    And the list goes on.
    Theres problems with the casting, but I am happy as long as it's gunny.

FORT Fogey
    The highlight for me last year was the relationship between Voss and Mordal. I hope it is not all conflict.

I doubt that production was thrilled with Dat winning and that is why they have their fingers in the pot to ensure there is no clunker in the batch.

What can they do with Dat now? They were hoping to parlee the winner into something bigger with guest spots, public appearances and comentary on E! for those 101 shows. Ralphy and Voss were there.

The funniest thing last season was when they told Dat they were going to play hide and seek and he hid in the theatre for a long time before he decided to see what was going on.

I am not really a big fan of female comedians except for Ellen. But other than that I don't find a lot of them funny, so myself, I am hoping for lots of funny male comedians who don't just do jokes about their nationality.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I'm hoping that someone better than Dat will win this year. At least Dat's gotten better after the show ended, though.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    What can they do with Dat now? They were hoping to parlee the winner into something bigger with guest spots, public appearances and comentary on E! for those 101 shows. Ralphy and Voss were there.
    Dat's slowly getting there. I saw him on some VH1 show a few days ago.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by boredouttamind
    Dat's slowly getting there. I saw him on some VH1 show a few days ago.
    Dat will never get there, if you ask me. He was not funny last year and I doubt very much that he'll ever be as good as Mordal or Vos, but hey, I've let that whole rigged voting thing from last year go, really I have.

+ Reply to Thread