+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just got back from open call in LA

FORT Newbie

Just got back from open call in LA

I went to the show tonight at the Improv in Hollywood. Ralphie May was hosting it all. This was the first time I have seen him live and he is even more funny in person. There were 24 comics or something like that, and a lot of them were really funny. One of the guys from MTV's Road Rules was there, I think his name is Theo, and he made it through to the next round. My favorite was this comic named Pablo... I think I've seen him on Comedy Central before. Dave Mordal and Geoff Brown were also in the audience for a little bit. But anyways a lot of good comics so far so I am looking forward to see how it all plays out.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    THEO??? Road Rules or Real World? If it's Road Rules, there is no possible way.... he has the brains of a meatloaf, and he's as funny as a dying ant.

FORT Newbie
    Honest to God it was Theo from Road Rules. There was even a couple of other of those guys from the show in support for him there. This girl behind me said the guy was Blair and I already forgot the chicks name, but Theo wasn't even funny. He had one sorta funny joke and was really weird on stage. Just didn't seem right to me. The talent scouts were these guys from the Tonight Show and I think they picked him because it might help ratings or something, because there were some better comics they passed up to choose him.

Wonder if it was Pablo Francisco??? If so, he is very funny but uses the same material over and over ala Harland Williams. He is pretty good w/impressions of movie-phone-guy and Aaron Neville...

It bothers me to think that they would advance someone who they think might bring in ratings if they are not funny. I don't think this show needs to fall back on stuff like that. If the comics are funny people will tune in

When you say they advanced do you know if that means they just made it out of round one, but not to the "house" yet?
    I'm so forgetful... I can't remember how it worked last year :rolleyes
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Newbie
    Pablo Francisco was there and he did advance also. The only other name I can remember is Jay London. I guess some of them were established in the L.A. area, but I don't go down there often enough to recognize them. And the first round is just to go to the West Coast Finals I think. So I think there are still a couple rounds to go till the house.

+ Reply to Thread