Thread: Last Comic Standing 2...

Last Comic Standing 2...

From Comedy Connection Boston website:

Last Comic Standing" Auditions

Tuesday, January 27, 2004 10AM-6PM

Tickets: $0.00

Appearing in Boston

www.nbc.com
    Stand-up comedians from across the country will be given the opportunity to audition for season two of the hit reality series. There will be one stand-up comedian who will be awarded an exclusive talent contract with NBC and a chance at being America's newest sitcom star. Talent scouts from NBC have chosen Boston as one of their cities to seek out working, professional and undiscovered stand-ups. All comedians must audition in front of NBC's Talent scouts in one of the following cities: Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Tampa, Boston and Nashville. Please submit non-returnable VHS, pictures and resumes to: Ross Mark/Bob Read NBC Studios-LAST COMIC STANDING 2 330 Bob Hope Drive, Trailer C Burbank, CA 91523

*Snoopy Dance*

I'm so looking forward to this
    May the curse of Dat be broken
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Be curious to see the mix of true veterans Vs. newcomers this time.

And, whole-heartedly agree that the "Curse of Dat" be broken

Wow - what great news! Last Comic Standing 2! The first one was way funnier than I expected. Do you think they'd give Dave Mordal another shot? Maybe he could disguise himself for the auditions.... Fingers crossed!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

NBC’S HIT SUMMER SERIES 'LAST COMIC STANDING' GEARS UP FOR A SECOND SEASON WITH REGIONAL SEARCHES IN SELECT CITIES NATIONWIDE

BURBANK, Calif. -– January 6, 2003 -- This January, NBC's hit summer series "Last Comic Standing" will again search the country for the funniest people in America. Beginning January 13 in Los Angeles, talent scouts Bob Read and Ross Mark will return to the show to find the best stand-up comics from eight selected cities nationwide.

Read and Mark, who serve as talent consultants and book most comics for NBC's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," will determine the best comedians from regional searches beginning January 13 in Los Angeles, California and concluding January 31 in Tampa, Florida. Other cities will include New York, Chicago, Boston, Dallas, San Francisco and Nashville. Dates, times and locations of each search will be announced in subsequent releases.

"Last Comic Standing" is hosted and executive produced by actor/comedian Jay Mohr ("Jerry Maguire"). In its second season, the series will again provide a new spin on reality television as it features the nationwide talent search for professional and non-professional comedians (both male and female). Once the selection process is narrowed to 10, after the final rounds of the national search held in New York and Las Vegas, the program will then follow the comedians as they live together in a house and compete for the ultimate prize-an exclusive talent contract with NBC.

Last summer, 8.3 million viewers tuned-in weekly to watch the summer series "Last Comic Standing" as thousands of aspiring and professional comedians attempted to earn the title "Last Comic Standing." In the end, Dat Phan was voted by America to be the "Last Comic Standing." Since he won, Phan has become the headlining act at comedy clubs nationwide and recently made his acting debut.

This year, veteran producers Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz of Magical Elves have joined the show as executive producers. Cutforth and Lipsitz's credits include the second season of "Project Greenlight" and Bravo's upcoming series "Project Runway."

"Last Comic Standing" is a Peter Engel Productions in association with Giraffe Productions and NBC Studios. Peter Engel, Barry Katz, Jay Mohr, Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz serve as executive producers.

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Sweet... Can't wait

FORT Newbie
    Show in Boston open to the public. Starts at 8pm.

Jay Mohr is on Leno tonight.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Well, that was disappointing. They didn't even mention Last Comic Standing! I was sure they would, since Dave Mordal was there last night. Oh well, Mohr is still a funny guy in an interview, so all was not lost.

I swear I read the article... did it mention when the show was going to air? Am I losing my mind?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast