+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Last Comic Standing 2...

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Is the apocalypse coming?
    After all of the pain the contestants and the show caused here, I hope V2 isn't more of the same.

I'm a dork...but what's V2?

This is the kind of news that really bothers me, but I have to say I kind of felt this way for the first run... there were funnier people (in my opinion) who were cut early.

I'm glad Carey and Butler said something about it.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Sounds like those being represented by the producers are making it to late rounds, even though they're not as talented.

No big surprise, but still a bad way to run a competition.

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I'm a dork...but what's V2?

This is the kind of news that really bothers me, but I have to say I kind of felt this way for the first run... there were funnier people (in my opinion) who were cut early.

I'm glad Carey and Butler said something about it.
    I actually already had a decent opinion of Butler (she handled her drug problem with admirable humility), but I DO think it was balsy of both her and Carey to speak up. Neither of them is a powerhouse in the business anymore (ALL of Carey's many shows evaporated pretty much simultaneously), and they risked pissing at least one entire network, some hot producers, and the whole Ralphie May/Jay Thomas cabal of comedians off.

Just heard a comic on Sirius satellite radio's Rawdog Comedy stream (station). His name is Eddie Ifft. Very fun, had a line about "playing dodgeball with blind kids" that almost had me driving off the road.

Went to his official site and it said that he did LCS 2, but obviously no other details about it...

Looks to be shaping up pretty solidly!!!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    I actually already had a decent opinion of Butler (she handled her drug problem with admirable humility), but I DO think it was balsy of both her and Carey to speak up. Neither of them is a powerhouse in the business anymore (ALL of Carey's many shows evaporated pretty much simultaneously), and they risked pissing at least one entire network, some hot producers, and the whole Ralphie May/Jay Thomas cabal of comedians off.
    I agree.It seems that Carrey and Butler are standing up for comedians they thought were more talented but don't have as good of "representation". Isn't that what LCS was supposed to be about? Unknown talented comics?

JMO...if you are a comic with professional representation and an "in" at a network and you are NOT yet a success, maybe you are not that funny?!

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedONE
    Apparently a lot of the old people from last year are back. I.E. Ant. So there is still hope for the Mordal Fans.
    I was curious about that too so I e-mailed him and asked. He said no, but, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Teppo
    I agree.It seems that Carrey and Butler are standing up for comedians they thought were more talented but don't have as good of "representation". Isn't that what LCS was supposed to be about? Unknown talented comics?
    It is about whatever the producers say its about. Too much comedy to take seriously IMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by Teppo
    JMO...if you are a comic with professional representation and an "in" at a network and you are NOT yet a success, maybe you are not that funny?!
    Can someone then explain Gilbert Gottfried?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    I LOVE BRIAN REGAN! Yippee!!
    At Ralphie May's suggestion, I saw Regan when he came to Denver. He was AWESOME!

I think his humor will translate very well to network television, because NONE of it is stuff that would have to be censored.

I'd love to see him do well. I know he's already a fairly well known comic, but I think he could become a very successful sitcom star.

I'm so looking forward to the second season.
    I just hope that the forum doesn't get overrun by unruly posters like last season. That was a total nightmare.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast