+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Last Comic Standing 2...

No, it didn't. They're doing auditions, though, so that's a start.

Personally I can't wait for an LCS 2. The first was great (right up till the end.)
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Rumor mill

The rumor among comics is that this season's show will be stocked with seasoned professionals. Someone mentioned in another thread that Pablo Francisco was at the LA audition. I've heard elsewhere that Brian Regan and Kathleen Madigan also auditioned. Supposedly the producers were unhappy with the level of talent last season, so this year they're casting people who are already stars on the club circuit. I was at the Dallas audition. The two guys who were picked there were John Wessling, who headlines at pretty big clubs; and Paul Verghese, an Indian comedian (as in Ghandi, not Geronimo) who works mostly in and around Texas.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I LOVE BRIAN REGAN! Yippee!!

GAME OVER: If Brian Regan is truly there, everyone else might as well go home. People who had never heard of him, said he was better than Seinfeld - when he opened some shows for Seinfeld's comeback tour... Seen him twice and his show was 75% different 6 months apart. That's a lot of material, unlike others: Dat, Vos...

I found this site of Brian Regan where he does an interview for some show. The host is a bit of a tool but its pretty funny:

http://www.kidzonline.org/ram/sf/brianregan.wvx

PSi
    i'm not a fan of them already having big names on there. i thought the point was to find new talent, if you're going to have seasoned vets, why not just make it LCS all-star, with people like dane cook, lewis black, and mitch hedburg.
    if they were all professionals last year, we wouldn't have gotten Dave or Rob Cantrell.

'Comic' judge Carey: Process 'crooked'

Saw this on CNN.com.

'Comic' judge Carey: Process 'crooked'
    Comedians lash out; show defended by others

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Two celebrity judges on NBC's "Last Comic Standing" have raised questions about the veracity of the show's process for selecting the final 10 participants to be featured in the televised competition.

Comedians Drew Carey and Brett Butler said their input as judges was discounted during the semifinal round that took place last month in favor of NBC executives and the show's producers. One of "Last Comic's" executive producers, Barry Katz, also is the manager of two of the performers who made the final 10, the one-name comic Ant and Gary Gulman, and he also manages "Last Comic" host Jay Mohr.

In an interview last week at the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, Colorado, where he headlined two events, Carey cited the discrepancy between the show's final picks and the judges' reactions to the 20 contenders in the semifinals, which took place February 26 at Le Theatre des Arts in Las Vegas.

"I thought it was crooked and dishonest," Carey said. "It was like somebody at NBC cast the show ahead of the event in Vegas. And they had 1,100 in the audience (for the semifinals competition) who saw how blatantly it was cast. If this happened on 'Survivor' or any other reality TV show, it would be a major scandal."

Sources close to the show noted that while the judges' opinion in the rounds leading to the final are taken into account, the final decision is made by the show's producers and NBC executives, and a fine-print disclaimer to that effect ran in the credits of the show's first season.

Carey argued that the judges were misled about the nature of their role. Carey and Butler served as celebrity judges alongside "Yes, Dear" star Anthony Clark and Tess Drake, a finalist from the first season of "Last Comic."

Butler echoed Carey's sentiment in a posting last week on her Web site.

"As panel judges, we can say that (a) we were both surprised and disappointed at the results and (b) we had NOTHING to do with them," Butler wrote.

Katz was in Aspen for the festival, but declined to comment on the issue.

Mohr was scheduled to film footage for "Last Comic" during the festival, but canceled due to an illness, sources said.

NBC will continue with the production of the show as planned, with the 10 finalists selected in Vegas moving into a house together during the taping of the series.

"The casting decisions were made by NBC and NBC Studios in consultation with talent scouts and we appreciate their valuable input," NBC said in a statement. "Now that the 10 participants have been selected, the program will begin. As was the case last season, during the show, the comic elimination decisions will now be made by audiences who watch the comics perform without any input from NBC, NBC Studios or anyone else associated with the program."
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I posted it this morning in the Other Reality Shows forum...

Apparently a lot of the old people from last year are back. I.E. Ant. So there is still hope for the Mordal Fans.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast