+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fruits of Victory

FORT Newbie

Fruits of Victory

So when do we get to see Dat's show (or "talent contract") come to fruition? Is this gonna be a fall show or mid-season or what? And what about the Comedy Central special? Though I'm not really a Dat fan (pause for the over-used pun), I'd like to see how the special turns out. Anyone have any dates or other info on this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by EECunning
    So when do we get to see Dat's show (or "talent contract") come to fruition? Is this gonna be a fall show or mid-season or what? And what about the Comedy Central special? Though I'm not really a Dat fan (pause for the over-used pun), I'd like to see how the special turns out. Anyone have any dates or other info on this stuff?
    I really just hope that NBC has the guts to put some decent writers into this, it would really be a shame if this becomes a flash in the pan because of NBC. If that happens I may have to boycott NBC and GE.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

You may NEVER visibly see the network part come to fruition. If its like most network deals, its basically paying him money to retain exclusive rights to him. Nobody says anything ever has to be done with those rights. Maybe more sitcom guest appearances will be given, and perhaps a pilot put into development. But 90%+ of pilots are thrown on the scrap heap and never see the light of day. And of the 10% which might possible make it to the point of actually being shot, most don't get picked up.

The Comedy Central part will depend on how much material he develops and how quickly, I'd imagine. A date would be pretty impossible to predict. Let me hazard a guess... right before LCS2 comes on, whever that turns out to be, to ride the publicity?
    Last edited by Krom; 08-06-2003 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    You may NEVER visibly see the network part come to fruition. If its like most network deals, its basically paying him money to retain exclusive rights to him. Nobody says anything ever has to be done with those rights. Maybe more sitcom guest appearances will be given, and perhaps a pilot. But 90%+ of pilots are thrown on the scrap heap and never see the light of day. And of the 10% which might possible make it to the point of actually being shot, most don't get picked up.

The Comedy Central part will depend on how much material he develops and how quickly, I'd imagine. A date would be pretty impossible to predict. Let me hazard a guess... right before LCS2 comes on, whever that turns out to be, to ride the publicity?
    Still, I would like to see a Dat Sitcom. as long as its not his Phamily.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn
    His mother jokes have really grown on me regardless of how many times he talks about her. His mom is obviously a big part of his life & if wouldnt be right not to have his mother in a sitcom somehow
    yeah, but if they did that, there would be too much comparison to that Cheesy M. Cho sitcom a few years ago.

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    I never actually saw it, but it sounds bad. And why would they base the sitcom on a character named Dat? They have to think of some other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by CashMoneySoviet
    I never actually saw it, but it sounds bad. And why would they base the sitcom on a character named Dat? They have to think of some other ideas.
    you mean NBC won't name it Dat Phamily?

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    I have no idea, will they? was this like official news or something?

I was voted off Jeopardy

Dat's Show

If on the off chance Dat gets his own show, (it would be more likely he joins a failing show) it should be called 4 and out. Cuz thats what it will be.

I've got your hood! Allerleirauh's Avatar
    It's a talent contract, not a show, although it could end up being a show. And I fear the Comedy Central special.
    "A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a f**ckin' cross? It's kind of like going up to Jackie Onassis with a rifle pendant on." --- Bill Hicks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast