+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final ranking for the top 10

Hug me!

Final ranking for the top 10

Well, LCS is over now. And I just like to hear what everybody's ranking is for the top 10

For me

Sean, Geoff and Tere tie for the last place. They were just there.
    7)Tess
    6)Rob

5)Cory - She moved to the #5 after I heard her on stage last week. Pretty good.

4)Dat - He can be funny on stage but he uses his mom's accent way way way too much. Is it just me or he talks way too fast sometimes ?

3)Ralphie - He can be funny but too cocky

2)Rich - He earns this spot because of all his one liners.

1)Dave (Rich's special friend) - I thought his jokes were the most clever. Soup done and Go-go cart joke earn him the top spot.

Say, "National Title" monteplace74's Avatar
    1) Dave
    2) Ralphie
    3) Rich
    4) Rob
    5) Dat
    6) Cory
    7) Tess
    8) Geoff
    9) Tere
    10) Sean

I contemplated over the #2 and #3 positions...I voted for Ralphie in the finals hence the reason for placing him #2 over Rich...had I known at the time the history behind Ralphie (executive producer of Jay's show, etc), I would have voted Rich simply because he could have used the publicity more and for the fact that he wasn't already as "backed" in the business...

I did find most all of Ralphie's sets funny plus his random cracks while pretty much the same for Rich...but I overall found Ralphie to be funnier than Rich...

Dave beat them all in my book though, it's too bad he wasn't in the finals...he deserved it more so than a few that were in it...
    Everyone's not perfect, but UGA is dang close

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Swap out Ralphie and Rich and I am with Ruben-of-205 all the way here.
    ~*~ Maji *~

For me
    Sean: 10 can't remember a damn thing about him
    Cory, Tess, Tere: 7(tie) not funny, could'nt get into that groove.

geoff: 6. Funny, but old hat

Rob: 5 Funny in an off-beat kinda way. reminds me of some of my friends.

Dave: 4 Funny, but something abt him made me cringe.

Ralphie: 3 the politics, the politics

Voss: 2, Very funny, but not right for a sitcom

Dat
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

FORT Newbie
    10. Tere-Didn't enjoy her or her "witty" catch phrases.

09. Geoff- I've seen him on Comedy Central and his bit about his uncle that spells the wrong words around children.(When are we gonna tell the K-I-D-S there ain't no Santa Clause) It was hilarious, but really contributed nothing to the show.

08-Sean-Despite being depicted as really whiney. Had a great one liner with the "I hope I hit him in his smoking arm." Thus he said more amusing things then Tere and Geoff moving him up to 8.

07-Tess-After the Extra Interview I really thought she was gonna be a force, but I think the format just wasn't right for her.

06-Dat Phan-In Dat's first 2 performances he made me smile throughout, but Wow did it get old fast. I got sick of his mom after 2 3-minute performances I can't imagine watching him for a half hour special.

05-Cory-Cory was very solid throughout. She made me consistently crack smiles, but her comedy just didn't quite do it for me.

04-Rob-I'll admit Rob made me laugh harder than any of the other comedians. His whole bit on the SemiColon was fricken hilarious. He was kinda out there, but I got it the whole way. I just didn't get to see enough of him to put him higher. It was also nice to see someone who really enjoyed his experience.

03-Dave-I loved everyminute of Dave. Always with a smile on his face, Always making others laugh. Great Comedy Writer and the person 95% of viewers enjoyed. People either laughed or hated Rich and Dat, but pretty much everyone enjoyed Dave.

02-Ralphie-Unlike most other people on these boards I loved his last performance. People don't understand that a good comic goes with whats working at that peformance. The Cheap Gas thing was absolutly killing so he went with it. It's easy to disect his performance watching it for the 4th time on TV. But I guarentee that if most of his critics were at the performance they would have laughed at the whole thing.

01-Rich-Rich contributed so much to the show. He continually had great one liners and made everyone at home smile. His audition with Nebraska invading Canada was classic. I had to pause the Tivo I was laughing so hard. He's the first one to admit when he blows it, and gave noone a free pass. He livened things up around the house and got my all my votes.

FORT Newbie
    10. Sean -- I didn't see much of him.

9. Tere -- Five words, "Right on, cha cha cha!" GAHHH!

8. Geoff -- Meh.

7. Tess -- Meh.

6. (I'm gonna get beat up for this one) Ralphie -- I didn't enjoy him as much as the others. I still liked him though.

5. Cory -- I liked her material.

4. Dat -- He was very funny to me.

3. Rich -- Out of the final 3 that were left standing, I thought he deserved to win.

2. (Both comedians in 2nd and 1st place have become so special to me that it was totally, really, really, hard to choose) Dave -- I was soooo sad when he got booted. SOOO sad. In the words of Ralphie, "Damn you Dat Phan! Damn YOUUUUUU!"

1. Rob -- The semicolon, Bobert thing was some of the funniest stand-up I've heard in my life. He's in my top 10 stand-up comic list, along with Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by whoser aka Jess
    10. Sean -- I didn't see much of him.

9. Tere -- Five words, "Right on, cha cha cha!" GAHHH!

8. Geoff -- Meh.

7. Tess -- Meh.

6. (I'm gonna get beat up for this one) Ralphie -- I didn't enjoy him as much as the others. I still liked him though.

5. Cory -- I liked her material.

4. Dat -- He was very funny to me.

3. Rich -- Out of the final 3 that were left standing, I thought he deserved to win.

2. (Both comedians in 2nd and 1st place have become so special to me that it was totally, really, really, hard to choose) Dave -- I was soooo sad when he got booted. SOOO sad. In the words of Ralphie, "Damn you Dat Phan! Damn YOUUUUUU!"

1. Rob -- The semicolon, Bobert thing was some of the funniest stand-up I've heard in my life. He's in my top 10 stand-up comic list, along with Dave.
    yes, but 'bobert' will never get you laid.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

10. tere
    9. dat's mom
    8. sean
    7. geoff
    6. tess
    5. rob
    4. cory
    3. rich
    2. ralphie
    1. dave

1) Rich - extremely funny in the finale, and was hysterical in the house even without Dave.

2) Dave - quick-witted and funny onstage, but a slow starter. Good material.

3) Dat - funny onstage with lots of energy. He resued jokes. So what? He still made me laugh more than some of the others. Needs work on his writing but his material has a lot of potential, imo.

4) Rob - unique, out of this world, and quircky comedy

5) Ralphie - strong presence and a lot of his politically incorrect jokes were pretty good, and others weren't. Yelled a lot.

6) Cory - She was okay, but she only made me chuckle. No laugh-out loud with her performances.

7) Tess - She did make me laugh, but her big, sexy routine grated on my nerves. She would've fared better in the finale, but she didn't deliver, imo.

8) Tere - Somewhat funny. Needs to get rid of her cha cha cha.

9) Geoff - horrendous
    10) Sean -

FLuFFy_slayer
    1. Dave - Yeah, count me in as another worshipper at the altar.

2. Rich - Didn't care about him at all at first, but he made me laugh quite a bit in the house, and his set on the final showdown was the only one that made me giggle.

3. Rob - He had me at "Bobert".

4. Cory - I didn't care about her at all at first, but she grew on me like Tess. Only more.

5. Tess - Somewhere along the line, I grew a soft spot for Tess...and then she only got 7% of the vote. *sniff*

6. Ralphie - At first I loved Ralphie and his hood... then I hated him for taking out Rob... then I liked him again for being amusing in the house... then I hated him after his "light 'em up!" bit... then I liked him again on the finale. I'll put him right in the middle, because on any given day he can leave me either pissing myself or pissed off.

7. Geoff - His vs. Dat performance sucked big time, but I've seen him be funny on Comedy Central a few times.

8. Dat - When this thing started, he was all the way up at #4. Then he mocked his mother over. and over. and over. I can only take so much.

9. Tere - She sucked. Period.

10. Sean - It takes a very special person to be less funny than Tere Joyce. Kudos, Sean.

I couldn't decide between Rob and Vos for #2, so I picked Vos because, sadly, Rob wasn't really around much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast