+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: another head to head tonight!

well, i posted this press release in another thread, but it might answer some questions in this thread:

FINALE FANTASTIQUE

Paris Las Vegas Hosts Season Finale of NBC’s Hit Show “Last Comic Standing” on August 5

Paris Las Vegas will host the season finale of NBC’s hit reality-show “Last Comic Standing” on Tuesday, August 5 beginning at 12 p.m.

Hosted by comedian Jay Mohr, the taping is free and open to the public. Seating is limited. Reserved tickets will be available via telephone reservation or in-person beginning Tuesday, July 29 at the Paris Box Office. There is a four-ticket maximum per reservation. The box office is open seven days a week, 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. and can be reached at (702) 946-4567.

Doors open on August 5 at 10:30 a.m. and all ticketed guests must be in their seats by 11:30 a.m. or their seats will be released. Filming will begin promptly at 12 p.m. and will last for one hour. Attire is dress casual and children under 18 years of age will not be admitted.

Once all tickets for this August 5 taping are reserved, guests in a stand-by line will be admitted to fill vacant seats. The stand-by line will begin forming at 11 a.m. on August 5 and please note, seating is not guaranteed if you do not have a printed ticket upon admission.

On July 23, the final five comics in this debut TV series performed for one last time in front of a live audience at Paris Las Vegas. That episode will air on Tuesday, July 29 at 9 p.m. Once the episode airs, viewers from around the country will call-in or log-on to vote who they think should be named the “Last Comic Standing.”

The winner will be revealed during the August 5 filming at Paris which will air later that same night at 8 p.m., in a two-hour special.

FORT Fan
    my mistake..it was the NY Daily News which had the info on the one more face off in a little blurb on tonight's show. It sure seems like they ahve not declared a winner based on the voting last week..here is is:

8:00 p.m. (NBC) "Last Comic Standing." This two-hour finale includes a reunion, which should be seen as a positive step. Most reality shows isolate reunions into a separate, drawn-out episode. This one, at least, makes it part of the finale's action, along with a final elimination round, one last comic faceoff and a declared winner. Jay Mohr (l.) is the host, for the last time.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Quote Originally Posted by Final5
    This one, at least, makes it part of the finale's action, along with a final elimination round, one last comic faceoff and a declared winner. Jay Mohr (l.) is the host, for the last time.
    Well, this sucks. I hope the final decision is based on the votes of the LCS viewers instead of a freaking audience again. I hope there is more to this than meets the eye. Maybe they'll just have the top two go head to head for fun and filler sake and then announce who got the most votes.
    ~*~ Maji *~

Dat Phantom Menace
    ...that is good news for the entertainment value of the show, but flies in the face of the claim that America will pick a winner...
    Ralphie posted info to this effect almost two weeks ago:

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...399#post322399

I think we may be reading into the whole "final elimination round" thing too closely. America still determines the winner, not an audience. NBC just wants to create a little tension & drama before the winner is announced, bless their little black hearts...

JMHO

Hug me!
    I think we need a Reality TV Spoilers Board.. Who is with me ?

FORT Newbie
    Jay Mohr was on the Tonight Show last night and said that he already knew who the winner was.

Quote Originally Posted by snapgoose
    Jay Mohr was on the Tonight Show last night and said that he already knew who the winner was.

Maybe the just have the top two vote getters do 5-min sets, for our entertainment pleasure, and the declare who America picked as best. Something like that--where the audience there doesn't vote.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Again...Huh?
    Ralphie posted info to this effect almost two weeks ago:

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...399#post322399

I think we may be reading into the whole "final elimination round" thing too closely. America still determines the winner, not an audience. NBC just wants to create a little tension & drama before the winner is announced, bless their little black hearts...

JMHO

from reading ralphie's post I now think you are right. Thanks for the repost.

Dat Phantom Menace
    from reading ralphie's post I now think you are right. Thanks for the repost.
    You're welcome.

Of course, it really wouldn't surprise me if NBC did decide to change things at the last minute, especially if it were something like offering "exclusive" (read: said winner shall not attempt to make money without the fine folks at NBC seeing a teeny piece of it) contracts to more than one of the final five after all is said and done tonight. They'll put just about anything viewers want to see on the air. Mo' people = mo' ad revenues.

Yay capitalism!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Again...Huh?
    You're welcome.

Of course, it really wouldn't surprise me if NBC did decide to change things at the last minute, especially if it were something like offering "exclusive" (read: said winner shall not attempt to make money without the fine folks at NBC seeing a teeny piece of it) contracts to more than one of the final five after all is said and done tonight. They'll put just about anything viewers want to see on the air. Mo' people = mo' ad revenues.

Yay capitalism!

Think NBC will decide to do the right thing and declare Dave the winner?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast