+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dave Mordal fansite.

Quote Originally Posted by kapu
    i for one think that that is a lot of time to be spending on a website, and i'm sure dave truly appreciates it. i hardly update the graphics on my classroom, except for the text, and that in itself takes awhile. so kudos to you, especially for reading a book before doing it. who reads them books nowadays anyway?
    I do, as a matter of fact, I am always telling ppl to RTFM.

I just wish my wife came with a manual.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Ill see what I can do, but definately not this weekend. I have to celebrate father's birthday and I have to go to a Mets game all day. (Go Cardinals!)

Quote Originally Posted by CashMoneySoviet
    Ill see what I can do, but definately not this weekend. I have to celebrate father's birthday and I have to go to a Mets game all day. (Go Cardinals!)
    Yes, I know the torture that is Shea Stadium.... Go M's.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

A woman of substance WildThymeWoman's Avatar

Dave's fansite

Cash - it is a great start! I have a professionally designed site for my company and it has taken over a year and a half to work out the bugs....actually we are still doing it. I have also designed sites in the past for my work....

Believe me they are always a work in progress. You came up with a very sharp design - that is something that is missing in most sites. So - what I'm trying to say is - good job old chap!

I also like the logo you designed for Dave's site. I do have one suggestion and that is to change the color on the bum being thrown out the door to a gray so he stands out from the one throwing him out the door. Just a thought....

A lot of good thoughts on the site, and a few nitpicks.

The use of color, and the more simple design are far far better than the early concepts you showed here a few weeks back. The metallic look from back then, and the overlay over a graphic, were distracting. This is much classier.

Its still a bit dark. If you really like the dark blue/gray color, you might consider changing the black text to white, and the links which are currently white to another color, probably cyan.

The phrase "Welcome to the unnoficial Dave Mordal site and Dave Mordal's official fansite! The only fansite endorsed by comedian Dave Mordal, himself!" is a bit confusing. Try flipping things a bit and simplifying, something like:

"Welcome to The Dave Mordal's fansite! The only fansite endorsed by comedian Dave Mordal!"

"For the Official Dave Mordal site, click here"
    <--- [Link leading to Mordal's own site]

By mentioning the endorsement, and then Dave's official site, you are accomplishing the same things as you did with the confusing wording. The word "fansite" itself actually implies "Unofficial", by the way.

Also: "as long as credit is given to the site, Dave Mordal, and I" should be "as long as credit is given to the site, Dave Mordal, and myself", although even that's probably not correct, since your name is not apparent anywhere near that statement. The best language might be "as long as credit is given to Dave Mordal, this site, or officials of this site, whenever appropriate."

The more I read the site, the more I get used to the black text. You may want to experiment a bit, but I guess its not that bad.

Good work, overall.

As for hits two things will take care of that. a.) if Mordal himself links to you at some point (although trust me... don't push him--mature the site a bit first) b.) getting it indexed in Google and other major search engines.
    Last edited by Krom; 08-02-2003 at 01:36 AM.

Actually, I already asked Dave if he would link to it when I finished, and he said of course.

Say, "National Title" monteplace74's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kapu
    especially for reading a book before doing it. who reads them books nowadays anyway?
    Judging by the title of the book read, "dummies" generally read the books nowadays...

No offense Cash

I personally just try things and fail most of the time and end up giving up with the whole blasted thing...

Great Job on the site Cash...

Oh, and how 'bout those Braves?
    Everyone's not perfect, but UGA is dang close

Anyone who doesn't like the Mets but has no problem with the Yankees is good in my book.

Say, "National Title" monteplace74's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMoneySoviet
    Anyone who doesn't like the Mets but has no problem with the Yankees is good in my book.
    The Yanks are ok except for when they face the Braves in the post season...Mets Blow
    Everyone's not perfect, but UGA is dang close

I think the site is a great...
    Missin Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast