+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vet. vs Newbie...

FORT Newbie

Vet. vs Newbie...

I know there was a lot of talk on LCS about how green Dat was compared to some of the other comics in the house, but do you think Rich's status as an experienced comic hurt him in the end?

I would think that when Jay introduced him as a 20 year vet, who was going to show these new guys how it's done, the audience's expectations went up a few notches.

Do you think he was perhaps held to a higher standard than the other comics?

Say, "National Title" monteplace74's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima_Nanamoose
    I don't think so, it seemed the audience was staged there anyway...but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ima_Nanamoose
    I know there was a lot of talk on LCS about how green Dat was compared to some of the other comics in the house, but do you think Rich's status as an experienced comic hurt him in the end?

I would think that when Jay introduced him as a 20 year vet, who was going to show these new guys how it's done, the audience's expectations went up a few notches.

Personally and this is just my opinion, the introduction didn't matter or experience, I just wanted to laugh. I didn't have any expectations. I was just hoping they were funny.
    In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
    Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

I think just respond if they think it is funny or not.

FORT Newbie
    If it took Rich 20 years to get as funny as he was in the finals, it shows you how little talent he has.

^most of your posts are trollish ... I don't think any credentials or past experience had much to do with anything, the hilarity of what you said was what counted.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by holiday
    ^most of your posts are trollish ... I don't think any credentials or past experience had much to do with anything, the hilarity of what you said was what counted.
    Which is EXACTLY why their hostility towards Dat was absurd. If youre as funny as Dat is, you DONT need to prove yourself. Too bad Dat had to make an example out of Dave, buy HEY! thats life.

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Dat Is Not Funny! Learn That! Dat Sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by eltorro
    Which is EXACTLY why their hostility towards Dat was absurd. If youre as funny as Dat is, you DONT need to prove yourself. Too bad Dat had to make an example out of Dave, buy HEY! thats life.
    What color is the sky in your world.... As much as i like Dat, I would not say his set was without problems. Someone else can still win this thing.

And another thing, who is to say that what you consider funny is what everyone considers funny? To borrow from the breakfast club, opinions are like a%%holes, everyone has one, and usually the bigger the opinion, the bigger the a%%hole.

The world is a large place. Large enough for a difference of opinion. Just remember, there are 3 types of lies: Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics.

senrik the absurd.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    What color is the sky in your world.... As much as i like Dat, I would not say his set was without problems. Someone else can still win this thing.

And another thing, who is to say that what you consider funny is what everyone considers funny? To borrow from the breakfast club, opinions are like a%%holes, everyone has one, and usually the bigger the opinion, the bigger the a%%hole.

The world is a large place. Large enough for a difference of opinion. Just remember, there are 3 types of lies: Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics.

senrik the absurd.
    I never said he was perfect. But he consistenly wins audiences over, & that is a skill that CANT BE TAUGHT. Its the sign of a true comic. A comics jokes are only as good as his delivery, & that is something Dat has learned while Dave has not. Sure Dave may be a good writer, but he DOES NOT DESERVE A SHOW

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast