+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Audience at the vegas show - forced laughs, but who put them there??

FORT Newbie

The Audience at the vegas show - forced laughs, but who put them there??

DId anyone else think that the audience at the vegas show was a little bit strange? I haven't heard that many forced laughs in a very long time. Either the people there were extremely for a certain comic - so they laughed at material that wasnt' even funny. Or NBC placed them there to laugh at everything, to make the set seem funnier. Or, they had "Appluase" and "Laughter" signs that told everyone when to laugh.

There was also a few "laughers" that you could hear laughing at all the wrong times - really annoying laughter that you could pick out from the rest of the audience. Did this bother anyone else? It just made the whole show seem like a sham. The audience just didn't sound like it is supposed to, and it ruined it for me.

They were probably big fans of the comics and felt inclined to laugh at their favorites going into it. Also in an audience, laughter is somewhat contagious.
    |./.|.|\.|.|\.|.|.( .||.|\.|
    |.\.|.|.\|.|.\|.|. _).|_|.|.\|

By the way, that's just what I think.
    |./.|.|\.|.|\.|.|.( .||.|\.|
    |.\.|.|.\|.|.\|.|. _).|_|.|.\|

Well I know some local radio stations were giving away tickets to that show, I'm not sure if the rest of the tickets were on sale at the Paris or what...Jay was doing standup in town the whole weekend before, maybe they promo'd the show that way?

I agree though, it wasn't as big of a crowd as I was expecting for this show.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Two thoughts:
    Free drinks and FANS of LCS.
    That explains everything.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    Two thoughts:
    Free drinks and FANS of LCS.
    That explains everything.
    ...exactly. I was laughing the whole time at Rich.....and Ralphie.... because they're my favorites....not because they were funny the WHOLE time
    Missin Dave

there were a few drunk guys laughing loudly at all the wrong times. they only got worse as the night went on. it was a very enthusiastic crowd filled with alcohol. and i am a firm believer that comics are funnier in person than on tv (the whole atmosphere). that being said, there were several reactions shots that did seem a bit out of place. they told us that they were shooting audience and reaction shots before the actual show started. i imagine they put these in where they felt a comedian needed a better reaction from the crowd. the way i remember it, dat did not get that big a laugh from his closer, but on the show, he got a decent crowd response.

Quote Originally Posted by jonvoightscar
    and i am a firm believer that comics are funnier in person than on tv (the whole atmosphere). .
    Totally agree on this. It's also like if you say something funny (accident or intentional) and no one laughs, you don't laugh, but if others start laughing, you start laughing, too.

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    When someone laughs, it spreads. I laugh, it spreads, people clap, it spreads.

Quote Originally Posted by zapata
    Totally agree on this. It's also like if you say something funny (accident or intentional) and no one laughs, you don't laugh, but if others start laughing, you start laughing, too.
    either that, or ppl are

I think its the sheep thing
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast