+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Audience at the vegas show - forced laughs, but who put them there??

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    It looks like a white moose, but yeah, sheepish will do.

Uh oh, I smell either a conspiracy theory or somebody who didn't agree with who got laughs.

Wouldn't most of us agree that the laughs for all the comedians seemed over the top? If it's all the comedians, it's not a conspiracy, just bad television.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Uh oh, I smell either a conspiracy theory or somebody who didn't agree with who got laughs.
    naah, I don't agree. Really the Last Comic Standing should be 'None of the above'.

none of them were truly polished.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    naah, I don't agree. Really the Last Comic Standing should be 'None of the above'.

none of them were truly polished.
    Dave had the goods. he would have won if Dat hadn't completly cheated
    Missin Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Missin Dave
    Dave had the goods. he would have won if Dat hadn't completly cheated
    cheating is such a dirty word.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by Missin Dave
    ...exactly. I was laughing the whole time at Rich.....and Ralphie.... because they're my favorites....not because they were funny the WHOLE time
    I laughed a little at Ralphie, again, eventhough he's one of my favs it was hard for me to laugh at his political statements. I was laughing at Cory and Rich the whole time. I guess it was partly because I like them both, but I really liked their sets. I thought Rich's whole set was hilarious, but he just makes me laugh, no matter what he does, it's just something about him.

Quote Originally Posted by jonvoightscar
    and i am a firm believer that comics are funnier in person than on tv (the whole atmosphere)

I completely agree. I've seen several comics live that cracked me up, but if I saw the same set on tv, I probably wouldn't have laughed as much.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by aerportman
    DId anyone else think that the audience at the vegas show was a little bit strange? I haven't heard that many forced laughs in a very long time. Either the people there were extremely for a certain comic - so they laughed at material that wasnt' even funny. Or NBC placed them there to laugh at everything, to make the set seem funnier. Or, they had "Appluase" and "Laughter" signs that told everyone when to laugh.

There was also a few "laughers" that you could hear laughing at all the wrong times - really annoying laughter that you could pick out from the rest of the audience. Did this bother anyone else? It just made the whole show seem like a sham. The audience just didn't sound like it is supposed to, and it ruined it for me.
    I think the audience was told if you laugh, stand up or clap, we will put your face on tv and give you a free---whatever; and they had definitely been drinking. I think there should be a sitcom for Cory, Rich and Dave as their chemistry was in sync. I hope Dat Phan gets noticed for his hard work, dedication, bravery and kind-heartedness. Ralphie May's material was not as good as his "i live in LA, i live in the ghetto, the ghetto called LA ...his rapid delivery and voices are fantastic. He is quite brilliant. Maybe a sitcom with him and his "10" girlfriend would be funny; or if he was a writer and didn't have to pack his suitcase so much.

Quote Originally Posted by amydontcare
    I think the audience was told if you laugh, stand up or clap, we will put your face on tv and give you a free---whatever; and they had definitely been drinking. I think there should be a sitcom for Cory, Rich and Dave as their chemistry was in sync. I hope Dat Phan gets noticed for his hard work, dedication, bravery and kind-heartedness. Ralphie May's material was not as good as his "i live in LA, i live in the ghetto, the ghetto called LA ...his rapid delivery and voices are fantastic. He is quite brilliant. Maybe a sitcom with him and his "10" girlfriend would be funny; or if he was a writer and didn't have to pack his suitcase so much.
    I think Dats hard work, dedication, bravery and kind-heartedness was all an act.....he was out for sympathy
    Missin Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast