+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Could you be a comedian?

dvm
    Get off the hate train.

Could you be a comedian?

I've noticed that there are many very funny people that post in this forum. Do you think that you have what it takes to get up there and do stand-up? I know I couldn't, simply because I am afraid of talking before audiences. But what about you?

I have been an actress, and I do much better when someone else writes my lines! Seriously, I've done more drama but comedy is just so much damn fun. I'm just not funny enough to come up with good, original material.

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    But what about you?
    Me. I've done a little stage (in highschool) and done multiple presentations to rooms full of people, both in and out of college. I don't think however I could do standup. my mind is not fast enough, and I sometimes stutter when i get nervous. becides I have an odd accent that no one can place. Also I don't think I could handle that kind of rejection. I have enough trouble with the rejection i get with women, if i got it with men, I might need help.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    I have enough trouble with the rejection i get with women, if i got it with men, I might need help.

Quote Originally Posted by carrera
    I'm just not funny enough to come up with good, original material.

I'm a dancer, so performing in front of big crowds doesn't bother me, but like carrera said I couldn't come up with good enogh material. Then again, if Tere can do it, why the hell can't I?

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    But if you had to come up with your own material, what your schtick or persona be on stage?

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I think with a lot of work I might be able to write a routine, but I think actually going out on stage in front of an audience would be a lot harder than writing. I think I'd flame out in under two minutes.

its like that joke about bisexuals who walk in a room and decide they want to sleep with everyone in the room....
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

I've noticed that there are many very funny people that post in this forum. Do you think that you have what it takes to get up there and do stand-up? I know I couldn't, simply because I am afraid of talking before audiences. But what about you?
    no. i mainly just steal other people's material when i try to be funny. oh, wait... can i change my answer to "yes"?

But if you had to come up with your own material, what your schtick or persona be on stage?
    I'm wacky just as I am.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast