+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Episode Nine: Well, That Was Disappointing

Dear Mrs. Wayner -

Your husband really *is* brillant. In the south, we call a recap like this, "Making a silk purse out of a sow's ear."

Wayner I started quoting things, but then it just got too long.

The line that formed to the right is going: oh great Wayner.

lucky that NBC isn’t promoting an eight-part mini-series called “Last Comic Standing: The Results.”

great recap..
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by booklady
    Well, we did have that spoiler recap from someone who was AT the taping (sorry, I forgot who). They mentioned a lot of time being spent on taping "applause shots" and "audience shots." To me, this means TPTB at NBC wanted the ability to mislead us in couch-land as to the live audience's reactions. Except for shots where we could see the audience AND the comic in question, there's no way of knowing if the reactions seen on tv corresponded to reality. Does that make sense?
    Kinda of like the afterbirth of the laugh track, that made a whole generation laugh at things that weren't funny.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV
    lucky that NBC isn’t promoting an eight-part mini-series called “Last Comic Standing: The Results.”

great recap..
    i think with this group, they might have done better with a big brother style show.... imagine how much tension could build as people REALLY began to resent each other.

Dat might have really gone over that balcony.
    Dave and Voss might begin to enjoy bathing together.
    Voss could do more ironing, maybe even Ralphie's shorts.
    Tess could be annoyed by dat more.
    Geoff could hide.
    Tere could be more annoying and do 'right on, cha cha cha' some more.

think of the possibilities.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by senrik

Dat might have really gone over that balcony.
    Dave and Voss might begin to enjoy bathing together.
    Voss could do more ironing, maybe even Ralphie's shorts.
    Tess could be annoyed by dat more.
    Geoff could hide.
    Tere could be more annoying and do 'right on, cha cha cha' some more.

think of the possibilities.
    Dat would've gone over it with the help of Vos
    What makes you think they didn't enjoy the baths?!
    From the way Vos was ironing the same clothes the whole show...i'd say he WAS ironing ralphies shorts(no offense to Ralphie)
    Theres no way Tess could be annoyed any more than she already is!
    I think Dat would do the hiding....of course Geoff could for awhile...but no one and I mean no one can beat Dats record
    MAYBE Tere would let her hair grow out so she doesn't look so STUPID!
    Missin Dave

FORT Fogey
    Mr. Wayner,
    Excellent recap. Difficult, difficult show to recap and I know because it was a difficult show to watch! I knew I would be disappointed without my Dave, but I had high hopes that I would be able to enjoy ALL the comics without my Davey-pooh making eyes at me through my television, and I would make an objective decision based on that night's performance. Hmmm, I think I'm going with the audience and writing-in Honey Dave's name...

Thanks again, Mr. Wayner, you too have unrecognized-by-NBC talent...

FORT Newbie
    The part of the recap that I enjoyed most (and the part that I agree with the most) is the crowd chanting "We Want Dave." My thoughts exactly. Having to endure Tess's act and another from Dat only made it that much more obvious. Dave deserved to be in the final five. And in my mind, he should have won. Not sure if NBC / Comedy Central is considering him for anything or not. And I'm not sure if he would work well in a sitcom or not. But he seems to be one of the most naturally funny people that I've seen in a while. He was the life of the first handful of shows. Definitely not the same without him.

I can only imagine how much more difficult the recap is without Dave. I know the show itself has been less enjoyable with his absence.

show summation

Wayner - Great show recap and interviews. I registered
    on this site because you've been doing a hell of a job and I
    enjoy reading the posts.

I enjoyed Vos the most and he got my votes!
    Cory was okay and I liked some of Tess's routine (got a
    bit too graphic in the end so to speak).
    Ralphie's act seemed too forced this time. Alot of
    energy though! Must be the gas
    Dat oh Dat - why the accent through so much of the routine?
    Like Ralphie though, he has alot of energy.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    greenmd!

I don't know whether to be honored that you registered because of me or question your taste in writing.

Seriously, thanks a lot; it's nice to know that people enjoy the stuff I put out here. Hopefully some of you will mosey on over the the forum for The Family, which I'll start covering again next week. (Yeah, I know Bumpkin, I'm shameless. )

Wayner - thanks for your dedication to LCS.

my take ...

Ralphie - enjoyed his rant comedy, even from the centre-left spectrum, though definitely over the edge when he said the whole Middle East should be blown up

Dat - did not enjoy - we've seen some of these jokes before & the mocking of the mother is getting tired

Tess - lacking material big time, only slight murmur was the backwards thong

Rich - pleasantly surprised, i hadn't seen him in weeks & he cracked me up

Cory - not bad, middle of the road

overall - hope Rich wins, though wouldn't be disappointed if Ralphie wins - i'm really hoping Rich wins, so that he & Dave can then be on this NBC sitcom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast