+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Episode Nine: Well, That Was Disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    And I've recapped "The Family" for heaven's sakes!
    now you frighten me.....
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

FORT Fan
    Wayner, somedays you just amaze me! I was wondering how in the heck you were going to pull this off...but indeed you did! HUGE props man!

(You have to recap the Family!!! You poor thing...I could only make it through one episode)

Great job Wayner!

I agree that I was not blown away by any of the sets, I did not expect to be. I knew going in they were only going to get 5 minutes, not enough time for a comic to get going. My Favorite parts of this show have been the house and the competitions, so maybe I was just fortunate to have low expectations going in and therefore enjoyed the show.

FORT Regular
    I was disappointed as well. I was hoping to laugh my ass off instead I almost died of boredom.

Great job, of course. I like that about the Dat tally, that was funny.

I thought the same thing about the "sprinklers." In a grocery store? Sprinkler spouts are on the ceiling, not the floor. And did you notice he kept repeating it because he knew the audience wasn't getting it? Strange.

I also don't know about the ten minute thing. I mean, it didn't seem like they were able to fill five minutes, I'd hate to see them try to drag those routines into ten. I don't know if it's true a comic needs ten minutes to get going. If you're good, you can do it in five, and these are supposed to be the best. There is no excuse for it.

I can't believe your title for this. I've never seen you so negative before- you must have really been bummed. I mean, it's true, but if YOU'RE SAYING IT, it's GOT TO BE TRUE.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    Hopefully they blow us away next week. This was the hardest recap I've had to write. And I've recapped "The Family" for heaven's sakes!
    I do feel for you on whole recapping of "The Family". I think I watched one or maybe two episodes. It's not standing out in my mind. I think it will be funner now.......................I mean now that I have met other people I can make fun of it with.
    In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
    Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Quote Originally Posted by zapata
    Great job, of course. I like that about the Dat tally, that was funny.

I thought the same thing about the "sprinklers." In a grocery store? Sprinkler spouts are on the ceiling, not the floor. And did you notice he kept repeating it because he knew the audience wasn't getting it? Strange.

I also don't know about the ten minute thing. I mean, it didn't seem like they were able to fill five minutes, I'd hate to see them try to drag those routines into ten. I don't know if it's true a comic needs ten minutes to get going. If you're good, you can do it in five, and these are supposed to be the best. There is no excuse for it.

I can't believe your title for this. I've never seen you so negative before- you must have really been bummed. I mean, it's true, but if YOU'RE SAYING IT, it's GOT TO BE TRUE.
    I know that if a couple of those acts would have went longer, I might have pulled an Elvis and shot my TV!!!
    In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
    Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Great Recap Wayner!!

Thanks!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

A woman of substance WildThymeWoman's Avatar

You nailed it....

You hit the nail on the head with your recap - that last episode was truly anti-climatic. I believe there is a huge flaw in the format of the show - there is too little performance time for the comics.

Most of the comedians only performed during the initial tryouts and then again last night. We need to see more to really determine who the winner should be....

did anyone think it odd how many standing ovations there were for such a lackluster performance? Did they see a different show than we did? Penn and Teller, perhaps? and was it my imagination, or did I see Penn Jillette in the audience with a football jersey?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast