+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Reality Show ballot stuffing: fair, unfair or just plain unavoidable?

Reality Show ballot stuffing: fair, unfair or just plain unavoidable?

I pass no judgements, but I'm curious what people think of this issue. This topic may be a bit general, but I think its very relevant to this show for at least the next week, especially in regards to all of the posts about how many times people have voted and for whom.

This show is especially vulnerable, because the email voting is allowed to go on for over a full day, and seems to be vulnerable to multiple e-mail accounts. While they DO ask for name and addresses, I'm almost positive that they can't--or won't want to--verify several million votes against addresses.

Even on the telephone voting, with a 1 hour window, its pretty easy to multiply your vote. Most people have cell phones, and virtually all have neighbors who otherwise wouldn't care enough about a reality show to waste a call.

Do we even care? It's only a reality show. If so... state your case.

I would say that we do care.
    We are logged on to this board and we are voting like crazy.
    Well at least some of us are.
    I think you should be able to vote as many times as you want.
    I was kind of pissed off since you were only allowed to vote 3 times from your phone.
    I tried to use my cell phone and my husband's cell phone but it didn't work and said that I had already voted 3 times.

Or could it be that I don't have a life and I am addicted to reality TV.

OH NO!

Say it isn't so!!!!

Any way that is my opinion.... for what it's worth.....

Say, "National Title" monteplace74's Avatar
    Good Point...

I see it this way, if they want America to be the deciding vote, why not allow the audience decide and not drag it out as they are...I'd be interested in knowing the stats once the votes are tallied...I bet the audience results would/could have been close to the same outcome...

Limiting the calls are, in my opinion, the best way to get the best result.

I didn't vote for anyone, but if I had voted once for Comedian X, thinking my vote should only count as one because I am but 1 person, then I would be very upset to hear that there are people who would literally vote for the entire time they are allowed to, calling in 100's of votes for someone. That is more unfair and unrepresentative of what the public wants.

I LOVE the limited calls idea.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Unlimited Votes

I was online voting and realized, if you made up the email address every time, you could vote as many times as you want. Just put @____.com and it will autimaticly put it through. (use gibersh like (gfsgysar) because you do not want it to be someone elses sn. :0 :>

Great. We have found a way to cheat to win! I hope that isn't true. I would hate for a bunch of computer nerds to end up picking Bobcat Golthwait as the winner....please don't cheat the system. There are always ways to ruin the voting system. Don't give into the pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Laugh Trac
    Great. We have found a way to cheat to win! I hope that isn't true. I would hate for a bunch of computer nerds to end up picking Bobcat Golthwait as the winner....please don't cheat the system. There are always ways to ruin the voting system. Don't give into the pressure.
    Couldnt agree more.

Say, "National Title" monteplace74's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laugh Trac

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Who? NBC should've been smarter and done it per IP.f

Hug me!
    read the fine print

Anyone with a valid e-mail address may vote for his or her favorite comic on-line. However, voting is currently limited to three votes per e-mail address, which simply means that when voting on-line, there is a current limit of three votes per e-mail address allowed. The producer reserves the right to change the limit on the number of votes that may be made from each originating e-mail address, in the producer's sole discretion. Any such change will be available at www.nbc.com.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast