+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Reality Show ballot stuffing: fair, unfair or just plain unavoidable?

Quote Originally Posted by Laugh Trac
    Great. We have found a way to cheat to win! I hope that isn't true. I would hate for a bunch of computer nerds to end up picking Bobcat Golthwait as the winner....please don't cheat the system. There are always ways to ruin the voting system. Don't give into the pressure.
    computer geeks would choose CowboyNeal. sorry, inside joke.... you'd understand if you read the slashdot forums.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

I'm merging this with the other thread about voting. That way all the conversation stays together.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

oh, and I think Bobcat is funny when doing stand up... if you can get past the voice
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    BTW, I'll add that perhaps the reason that NBC didn't limit it to one vote per phone is so different people in a house could vote for different comics. And also so the vote totals would look huge; let's say 8 million people are watching this show. I'm guessing there will be at least 16 million votes announced next week.

That's a good point Wayner. This way NBC can boast a la AI. I think one vote per phone is the best way to do it. I don't think the internet should be involved at all; it's far too easy to vote so many times. I think one vote is best, but limited votes are fair enough, I used all 3 for the same person anyway. Since LCS is using the internet though, it isn't limited voting especially since you have all day to vote. I think it was smart to allow the viewers at home to vote. If they would have followed the format of the head to heads and just allowed the live audience to vote, a lot of people who are bitter because their favorite didn't win can argue that the audience wasn't a fair representation of all of the LCS viewers. Since some people are very passionate about the person they want to win and about the show itself, it could cause a voting "fiasco" ,again, like AI. I think the limited voting was a smart approach, but not the internet voting. Oh well, whoever wins, wins, all 5 of them got a lot of exposure, I think most, if not all of them will get tons of offers.

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Its not phones that are the problem. Its the internet voting.

I was more concerned at the private information they wanted. I only wanted to vote, I didnt wanna buy a car.
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

I gave fake info except for the email address. I put Big
    Joe
    123 Fake St.
    Lawrence
    New York
    February 3, 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Sepialove
    I was more concerned at the private information they wanted. I only wanted to vote, I didnt wanna buy a car.
    I know, I thought that was kinda strange. I can understand them needing the e-mail address, but do they really need my D.O.B and what street I live on?

Quote Originally Posted by CashMoneySoviet
    I gave fake info except for the email address. I put Big
    Joe
    123 Fake St.
    Lawrence
    New York
    February 3, 1988
    The key is to give fake info...

See, I didn't vote, but I would have been more creative in my fakiness.

Dat Phan
    Mom's House
    TheRacistPartOfSanDiego, CA 90210

Ralphie May
    Da Hood
    CheaperGas, CA 90210

and so on...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast