+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Vegas "Odds"

FORT Newbie
    Just wondering NYGal, whose the hideous guy in your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by eltorro
    You'd better make sure it's not her husband before you say something like that!

Quote Originally Posted by eltorro
    Hideous? That's not nice. It's Colin Firth. He is an English actor. You've probably seen him in "Bridget Jones' Diary" or as "Mr. Darcy" in "Pride and Prejudice", Gwyenth Paltrow's husband in "Shakespeare in Love" or the "English Patient".

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Cory's odds make an odd sense if you take her lame past into account and the drag factor, and the truth is that as much as we talk about perceptions and racism with obvious potential targets like Dat or Tess, "pushy female New Yorker" is actually NOT perceived well by middle America.
    Being from the south (not middle america, but not New York either) I will agree that "pushy New Yorker" (male or female) is not perceived well by us. With that said I did not feel that she came across that pushy and her accent is bearable. I thought she did a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by martin4au
    Being from the south (not middle america, but not New York either) I will agree that "pushy New Yorker" (male or female) is not perceived well by us. With that said I did not feel that she came across that pushy and her accent is bearable. I thought she did a great job.
    Never once, during the entire show, did I think of Cory in "New Yorker" terms- I think the "New Yorker" label is really an LA/New York thing. I don't think many others are as aware of it.

FORT Fan
    Well...being "a middle aged white woman who lives in a farmhouse in Iowa" (That's how my deejay daughter refers to me)...I can say that Cory is not preceived as a pushy female from NYC.

People from NYC do not sit well with us ONLY when they come across as having an east coast superiority complex and think the sun rises AND sets in NYC. Rich comes across that way far more than Cory.

I think some of these odds are nuts! But then what do I know...I am only "a middle aged.........."

PS I have many online friends from the NYC area...and my best friend is from NJ and yes, he does have an annoying accent ...but I love him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by zapata
    people who say she was their favorite may still vote for her. She had a big jump into it, there's no reason to believe all who really liked her are going to jump ship- I mean, her boat might not have been as fast as we thought, but it wasn't the Titanic either.
    I wonder if she forgot to pull up the anchor from her boat.
    I thought Tess was the worst last night, and it might've been because she was really nervous. Who knows? Anyway, I agree that some of her fans could still vote for her irregardless of her performance last night.

I think it's still anybodys game, but I hope Rich wins.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12