+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Who's Performance In the Finale Most Changed Your Mind About Them

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JULIE816
    Dat used his mother accent with different jokes. Also, he added some new jokes. Cory with her ex. husband and being a mom isn't that tiresome. Tess with the Diva routine is overdone. Rich Vos who is suppose to be funny just wasn't. The only person I thought brought in new stuff was Ralphie but his jokes were kind of lame. In conclusion, Dat just might be the winner.
    You're kidding, right? Everything except what you said about Tess is FALSE!

CAshMoney please respect Julie's opinions. Everyone here is stating opinions.

Rich actually surprised me. I always thought he was the funniest guy in the house, yes even more so than Dave, but I didn't think he would be that great on stage. However, last night, he got 4 of my votes because he was the one that made me laugh the most.

I guess I'll go off on how terrible I thought the show was in another thread eh?

Rich, I guess changed my mind...I hadn't formed a real opinion on how funny he would be, but I thought I would not like him... he was funnier than I thought.

Actually going for good or bad changes... Ralphie..WTF? He screamed the whole time... cheap gas... over and over. We get it. Seems like he complained about having his best stuff edited out, then gets 5 minutes for whatever he wants and, in my opinion, blows it.

I giggled when he said the rich preppy kids drove dad's Expedition to the protest.

never liked the comedy style of Tess, didn't like her last night but at least she wasn't pulling the Diva crap for 5 minutes, which is what I expected.

I've always thought Dat was fun, and he was fun again last night. I usually prefer a thinking persons comedy (for lack of a better term), but I do laugh with Dat.

that leaves Cory. I thought it was obvious that she was nervous and it seemed like she kind of got off track a few times. Not my favorite by any means, but I got what I expected.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    For me... Cory. New jokes, significantly better delivery, better presence. Most improved, for sure.
    Cory...no question. Not only was her material better than anything she'd shown us before, but she was right on in terms of timing and professionalism. If two days ago you'd have told me I'd end up voting for her I'd never have believed it, but she was the best.

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    In my opinion, no one really changed. Everyone used the same jokes except
    Ralphie.

FORT Newbie
    They all let me down and hence I voted for No one. Ralphie--too much shouting/obscenities (not funny to me); Dat--too much mother and his last joke about people yelling random words in English was repeated from his last set...did anyone catch that?; Tess--gross jokes about stripping and thong underwear didn't do it for me at all, plus why was she laughing the whole time?; Vos--his presence just wasn't funny and 3/4 of his set was very lame, although I liked the part about his daughter asking the guy in the supermarket if he had an "eye problem" but then after that he was done! When he was just starting, [to be funny] in my opinion. Cory--I just didn't like her jokes, and she was very uptight. being uptight and talking about sex is not funny (once again, to me). And just to get on my soap box, why do women have to joke about sex and their body? I won't vote for any of them.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by JULIE816
    Dat used his mother accent with different jokes. Also, he added some new jokes. Cory with her ex. husband and being a mom isn't that tiresome. Tess with the Diva routine is overdone. Rich Vos who is suppose to be funny just wasn't. The only person I thought brought in new stuff was Ralphie but his jokes were kind of lame. In conclusion, Dat just might be the winner.

I thought Corey was the funniest last nite with very clever material. However, Ralphies act got me to think, he used a current event that truly affects all of us. I think he is priming up for a USO tour.

FORT Newbie
    got a new opinion of corey. for the first time found her funny --- hope saturday night live takes her on. she actually is quite funny. but us big guys have to stick together so go ralphie ---- he seemed to have the crowd going. #1-ralphie #2-cory #3-rich #4-dat #5-tess.
    frank aka ziggy

FORT Newbie
    Hi all, I'm a newbie to this site, but not to LCS. Tess's performance most changed my mind about her comedy.

Overall, Ralphie's delivery was funny up to a point, but I didn't agree with what he was saying, so it didn't win me over. I still think he's a hell of a comedian, but that set didn't do it for me.

Dat was funny, but his delivery was choppy, probably because he was nervous. His set was the same-old-same-old...I'm not sure he can last.

Tess stunk. Yes, we know you think you're sexy and you're overweight and obviously, you think you're hilarious. Done. Enough. Goodnight.

Rich was hilarious. He seemed the most professional and at ease. I thought he was damn funny and voted for him thrice.

Corey was very good, too-- much better than in past performances. I laughed out loud several times at her set, too (and in Rich's). She could pull out a win, but I didn't vote for her.

That's my opinion. Flame away.

I have to agree with many things said here... Going in I was rooting for Ralphie, but I was a little disappointed; I wished he would have gone further with the stupid rich girls protesting - his mimic of them was golden. But then I got a little uncomfortable with the repetitive "light em up" bit. I would rather have seen some comic twist or irony rather than an appeal to anger. JMHO. I still think Ralphie has it tho, I almost think nerves affected his ability to get more jokes out in 5 minutes.

Dat: I'm not a big Dat fan, but I chuckled at a few of his jokes. His delivery was good, but the reuse of the same material, especially at the end was no good judgement. He couldn't find one more joke to end with a bang rather than a repeat? Better than I expected, but still not the funniest by a long shot.

I was most surprised by how much nerves affected Tess - like others have said, the delivery was a little off, but I did like the jokes. Still, to go with the "diva" persona she needed to be more confident with the delivery. Ah well.

Rich was not that good. And I liked him going into this show. Again, nerves seemed to affect him adversely. I'll bet he's better when the pressure's off and the material can get raunchier than Prime Time Network will allow. I liked the bits about his evil 10 year old tho. For some reason the concept of evil children rings true with me (and I don't have children yet!)

Cory - Biggest surprise - I agree with what many said here - she was DAMN good. When I saw her up against Tere, I wasn't that impressed but last night I was VERY impressed. I'd love to see her club act when she can get more down and dirty. Bravo Cory!

+ Reply to Thread