+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Who's Performance In the Finale Most Changed Your Mind About Them

Probably Ralphie, he was not that great at all tonight. Tess, I thought would be a little funny, turned out to be the WORST performance of the night. The rest were just ok or slightly sub par.

Tess was ..bad. I thought she might blow me away but she sucked. WTF was up with the voice she stuck to the whole time? oh well.
    |./.|.|\.|.|\.|.|.( .||.|\.|
    |.\.|.|.\|.|.\|.|. _).|_|.|.\|

FORT Regular
    i thought rich was the funniest tonight, ralphie didn't do it for me, dat was pretty good , tess and core weren't funny at all.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphiend
    i thought rich was the funniest tonight, ralphie didn't do it for me, dat was pretty good , tess and core weren't funny at all.
    WOW, is comedy relative.....

See, I thought Cory killed.....Ralphie had his moments (a little hyper for him, though).....Vos was mediocre at best.....Tess was a little off (timing and rhythm especially).....and Dat was his annoying self (another mother reference, anyone? Who is this guy--Hamlet?).

As far as surprises: I had seen Tess before, and I expected her to be much funnier; she kinda bombed last night. And I've always thought Cory was funny, but she surprised me how she just nailed it. Great timing, new jokes, confident.....she owned it.

Agree w/most as Tess was really horrid. She was hard to understand and was laughing between words in the middle of her jokes?!?!? I thought one of the unwritten rules of comedy was to not laugh at your own jokes, yet she was laughing in the middle of them - just a lousy set.

Dat was OK, but did a lot of his stuff from previous shows. And enough about his mother and parodying her accent already...

Cory was solid in delivery and presence. Her material was better than her previous tries, but didn't kill.

That leaves Ralphie and Rich. It's a toss-up in my opinion. Ralphie went off on a tirade, but seemed well-received by the audience. Material was fresher than most though and he had a definite edginess. Rich tried a little bit of many comedy styles by his self-deprecation, going after an audience member, family topics and observation.

The post is supposed to be about who changed your mind the most in the finale. But, to me everyone kind of played out as expected...

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    I though they were all OK across the board.... I think nerves got the better of 4 out of the 5 of them.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    To answer the original question, I guess Cory's performance changed my mind...

I think I've always been in the minority of not finding Ralphie funny, and last night didn't change that one bit. I didn't crack one smile during his entire routine. To me, he is way too high on himself (and not deservedly). The funniest he has been was when he first auditioned.

Dat was funnier than Ralphie (but that wasn't hard to do), and I think he could have beat Ralphie in a head to head. That being said, he didn't do it for me either. I did crack a smile or two.

Tess was probably the biggest let down for me of the night, but I thought she had some good ones. She's beaten the first two in my opinion. I've heard her other places, so I know she can do better.

Rich was just OK. I expected more from "The Don". Still the performance was better than any before him.

And then we come to Cory. She was really good last night. If I was voting, she would have gotten my vote.

Just my 2 cents.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Tess really changed my mind for the worse. I liked her before but last night was just bad. She stayed on that stripper joke way too long and it wasn't that funny to begin with.

Ralphie wasn't as funny as I thought he would be, loved what I had seen of him before, last night he just seemed to be ranting.

Everyone....no change in my opinion.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    For me... Cory. New jokes, significantly better delivery, better presence. Most improved, for sure.
    Cory used the same jokes. If she had brought in Elizabeth the slut, I wouldve voted for her.

FORT Regular

It's funny because other people use the same routine over

Quote Originally Posted by RushVB
    Agree w/most as Tess was really horrid. She was hard to understand and was laughing between words in the middle of her jokes?!?!? I thought one of the unwritten rules of comedy was to not laugh at your own jokes, yet she was laughing in the middle of them - just a lousy set.

Dat was OK, but did a lot of his stuff from previous shows. And enough about his mother and parodying her accent already...

Cory was solid in delivery and presence. Her material was better than her previous tries, but didn't kill.

That leaves Ralphie and Rich. It's a toss-up in my opinion. Ralphie went off on a tirade, but seemed well-received by the audience. Material was fresher than most though and he had a definite edginess. Rich tried a little bit of many comedy styles by his self-deprecation, going after an audience member, family topics and observation.

The post is supposed to be about who changed your mind the most in the finale. But, to me everyone kind of played out as expected...
    Dat used his mother accent with different jokes. Also, he added some new jokes. Cory with her ex. husband and being a mom isn't that tiresome. Tess with the Diva routine is overdone. Rich Vos who is suppose to be funny just wasn't. The only person I thought brought in new stuff was Ralphie but his jokes were kind of lame. In conclusion, Dat just might be the winner.

+ Reply to Thread