+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Who's Performance In the Finale Most Changed Your Mind About Them

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Missin Dave
    still they shouldn't allow them selves to be MADE to clap...or stand as the case may be....when they don't want to. I mean what could they do? kick them out? yeah...thats likely.....seeing as though they would lose money off of them!
    Lose money? As I understand it, the tickets were free.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    Lose money? As I understand it, the tickets were free.
    oh.....well...EVERYONE STOP MAKING MY POINT MEAN NOTHING....lol...hehehe
    Missin Dave

Quote Originally Posted by heatherbethynam
    Another "liberal puke" here, I don't agree that Ralphie's set was a total rip on liberals; in fact, I've been laughing for quite sometime about the irony of "Suburbanite Patriots" riding around in their gas-guzzling SUVs with TATTERED american flags on their windows that further their vehicles fossil-fuel inefficiency.

Wasn't it non-liberal puke Bill Mahr that said, "Put a Flag on Your Car...It's Literally the Least You Can Do"

Ralphie's Expedition joke SOOOO resonated with me, a liberal puke. He should have gone a little further with that; and as I said before, I would have loved for him to do more with the priveledged protesters. That was "Gold, Jerry, Gold!"
    Exactly. I think you are in the minority here (along with myself) who have been able to seperate out that Ralphie was actually talking about hypocracy. He wasn't ACTUALLY giving instructions to the 101st Airborne to fly sorties over Baghdad, he was yelling about people saying one thing and doing another.

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Exactly, especially the people protesting cutting of trees and then using big paper signs.

Before the Vegas show, I was basically neutral about all of them. Now ...

I don't want to hear Ralphie yelling ever again. I don't find anger funny, just unattractive.

I also don't want to hear Dat's "mother's voice" ever again. While Margaret Cho's version of her mother's accent is pleasant, Dat's is screechy and grating.

I never ever want to be reminded of Tess's thong or her stripper days. Ever.

So that leaves me with Rich and Cory. I liked them both and will be happy if either of them win.

Quote Originally Posted by sheela
    Before the Vegas show, I was basically neutral about all of them. Now ...

I don't want to hear Ralphie yelling ever again. I don't find anger funny, just unattractive.

I also don't want to hear Dat's "mother's voice" ever again. While Margaret Cho's version of her mother's accent is pleasant, Dat's is screechy and grating.

I never ever want to be reminded of Tess's thong or her stripper days. Ever.

So that leaves me with Rich and Cory. I liked them both and will be happy if either of them win.

Well except I dont ever want to hear Cory do another of her angst filled orgasm bits EVER ever EVER
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by CashMoneySoviet
    Exactly, especially the people protesting cutting of trees and then using big paper signs.
    Here they use recycled plastic... it rains too much for paper...

eco friendly protests (in seattle, where we are professionals abt it)
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

What Krom said. Ralphie's act was about hipocracy.
    Also, it had a very Kinison vibe to it.

But this is a common comedic method. The exagerated rant, provoking laughter (hopefully) with a reaction that is a mix of feelings that may include:
    "I can't believe he said that!"
    "Right On! I've thought it but never dared say it"
    "Now he's gone too far"
    "Wait a minute - I agreed, but if that's the where we're headed with this thinking..."
    "I'm / They're such hypocrites"
    "That's sick (hahaha)"

It can be thought provoking stuff. Regardless of what "side" you're on there is a fundamentally conflicted position that America is in - we love our standard of living, yet feel for those in the rest of the world who are poorer and who we may be exploiting or living at the expense of. We are the victims of a horrifying attack that scares us, and at the same time we're the overgrown bully. Bringing incongrous thoughts to the surface can be an exciting and stimulating feature of comedy.
    Now whether you found Ralphie's act funny or not, grating or entertaining, is a matter of taste. But political humor that is intended to provoke thought (rather than preach), which I felt this was, is a good thing.

+ Reply to Thread