+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LCS commercial... featuring the amazin' Dat Phan!

There are just as many people who are hoping Dat to succeed as their are those that hope he bites the dust. Very few can be indifferent with him, like they would with Cory or Tess, because he has been a main factor to this show. It has nothing to do with favoring Dat IMO. The commercials just would not be as interesting if they did dramatic camera shots surrounding Cory alone. Frankly, no one gives a damn . JK, JK. I may be wrong.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Quote Originally Posted by carrera
    I haven't seen any of the promos - I actually decided to go out and see the light of day for a change - but this reminds me of American Idol-style promotion tactics. It's kind of sad. But with AI, you could vote as many times as you could get through. On LCS, there's only 3 calls per line and 3 internet votes per computer (IP, more likely), so this might not work as well.

Is there anyone involved with this show not guilty of manipulation? I feel so dirty.

I feel the same way. I do think they favor Dat and want him to win. I really feel like it is out of our hands.

I think that people who are not Pro-Dat (not haters of Dat) are thinking a little too much into the commercial. That is like saying, the ad on the front page is favoring Ralphie because he is in the middle and you can see all of him because he is in front. I think it is ridiculous to think that this whole game is a conspiracy, but then again, it is my opinion. Let's just wait til tonight to see who truly deserved it.

I doubt it matters to NBC who wins this contest. They're spotlighting Dat in the previews because he's caused the most controversy. Sure, whoever wins gets a "talent contract" but that could mean anything from a sitcom to a handful of walk-ons ala "Good Morning Miami." NBC can offer whatever kind of contract they want to ANY of these comics. For all we know, Dave is already developing something with NBC. Or Ralphie. Whoever. All NBC cares about is ratings. Showing Dat, the controversial underdog, will get them better ratings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123