+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LCS commercial... featuring the amazin' Dat Phan!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnison
    Also, in the preview they show the part of Dat's which act which was obivously the funniest- when he comes out speaking with an asian accent then says he's just kidding. They even let him get to the punchline of the joke, in the preview! I really think they favor him, lol.
    Or they could be trying to errr... spill Dat's load prematurely, comedically speaking, by putting his best joke out there in a way where it won't be as effective tomorrow. Then again, they also could have done that with a joke we hadn't seen, assuming one of those was almost as good, and taken that further, so what I just said could easily be B.S.

BTW: will tomorrow's show have a Bob Hope tribute card in front or at the end? I wonder...

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    I hope, this whole show is about comedy and Bob Hope defined comedy...

Quote Originally Posted by CashMoneySoviet
    I hope, this whole show is about comedy and Bob Hope defined comedy...
    Read the Bob Hope topic. I posted a bit about how NBC cheaped out and gave Hope two minutes tonight, while CBS--not even his home network--gave him a whole half hour of 8PM ultra-Prime Time.

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    I did read that, they did one for Buddy Hackett didn't they?

FORT Fan
    I also am a Dat Phan fan, but I have been convinced that NBC has indeed been using creative editing to favor Dat. He has been given a lot of face time during the episodes and we know that his sets have been edited.

The first time we became aware of the positive editing in his sets was when he beat Dave and we couldn't understand why. It wasn't until Ralphie told us that they cut out all of Dat's best stuff. We know he has limited material so they were helping him out by saving his best laughs for later.

Then last week we learned that Dat used Ralphies "Dangerous Los Angeles" joke, only he changed it to "Racist San Diego". I remember what a foolish move that was because he was going to alienate all of San Diego and that was his home town!

But then, I watched the replay on the Comedy Channel, and I saw that NBC edited the joke. We only got the part where Dat says, "I live in a racist part of San Diego"....they cut out the punch line where he says..."San Diego" implying that all of San Diego is racist.

That explains why I didn't get where Ralphie was coming from before...we didn't get to see the whole thing...I think they were saving Dat from making a foolish mistake.

We also know that NBC is editing out Ralphies standing ovations. So yes...I think NBC wants Dat to win and are giving him more airplay.

I think, as long as NBC doesn't pick and choose which parts of the comics' act they will show, and they don't edit them except for naughty words and such, they can't really play a favorite. We vote, we decide, etc. etc. You know, as long as Florida behaves this time and all...
    "If I win, I'll buy you a bigger desk"
    -- Rich 'Wrinkle-Free' Vos

Quote Originally Posted by twisty goo
    I think, as long as NBC doesn't pick and choose which parts of the comics' act they will show, and they don't edit them except for naughty words and such, they can't really play a favorite. We vote, we decide, etc. etc. You know, as long as Florida behaves this time and all...
    Thing is, do you really expect them to leave well enough alone?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Well senrik, if lots of guy named Chad show up on the set of "Good Morning, Miami" clammoring for MORE DAT, we will know the Florida fix is in...

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Well senrik, if lots of guy named Chad show up on the set of "Good Morning, Miami" clammoring for MORE DAT, we will know the Florida fix is in...
    I love that.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

I haven't seen any of the promos - I actually decided to go out and see the light of day for a change - but this reminds me of American Idol-style promotion tactics. It's kind of sad. But with AI, you could vote as many times as you could get through. On LCS, there's only 3 calls per line and 3 internet votes per computer (IP, more likely), so this might not work as well.

Is there anyone involved with this show not guilty of manipulation? I feel so dirty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast