+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Comics on the campaign trail

Quote Originally Posted by elada
    some people including Dat keep talking about strategy... what about the strategy of being funny? I mean REALLY funny and creative, regardless what other people strategy is... I think that the big deal about Dat is that he represents himself as a very honest and nice, very make-love-not-war person , the victim-cum-laudae in a sea of wolves. Somebody who has a strategy of showing kindness, sorry, is not a a natural good-hearted. And to vote that person because it represents himself as very good-hearted when the show is about comic skilles, excuse me, it is a non-sense.
    I will not be surprised if Dat is going to win. I took my share of shock when Dave was eliminated.
    Strategy is not funny per se, but strategy sometimes helps to make an unfunny situation funny.

Strategy is only funny when you call it 'strategery' in honor of satires of Bush.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by EECunning
    Dat's gonna win this thing (much to my own dismay) simply because he's A) getting a lot of airtime and B) That air-time is never negative (he's always the nice guy getting picked on, not the other way around). So then if he's remotely funny (which I'll admit he is) then he's got the votes in the bag.
    and to add to this, i think many people will vote for him becasue they are vietnamese or just asian. but that willl probably go with all the other comics too.

Quote Originally Posted by evilmonkey1686
    and to add to this, i think many people will vote for him becasue they are vietnamese or just asian. but that willl probably go with all the other comics too.
    The asian community being the size it is, may not sway things that much.

More interesting to me, are those who would vote for Dat, because of him being the 'victim' in the house (I use quotes because I know some don't think of him as one, I'm leaving it in the hypothetical).
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    Sadly, I think that there is a large portion of the population that will vote for who they like better, not who they think is the funniest. It will be interesting to see how things shake out tomorrow night.
    I think you are right to an extent. People who you like will make you laugh more. When Robin Williams walks out on to the stage I am already laughing, and George Carlin has offended me (after seeing him live) to the point that even when I see him on TV doing pg comedy I just don't laugh. So yes people will vote for who makes them laugh the most Tuesday night, but that will be affected by who they like/dislike the most in the house.

GO DAVE!
    Damn you Dat Phan!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by martin4au
    I think you are right to an extent. People who you like will make you laugh more. When Robin Williams walks out on to the stage I am already laughing, and George Carlin has offended me (after seeing him live) to the point that even when I see him on TV doing pg comedy I just don't laugh. So yes people will vote for who makes them laugh the most Tuesday night, but that will be affected by who they like/dislike the most in the house.

GO DAVE!
    Damn you Dat Phan!!!!
    I agree, but I love george Carlin. Have this cool MP3 of his 'Free Floating hostility' bit.... very very funny. but as I understand it, your milarge may vary.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123