+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Comics on the campaign trail

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    I am voting for either Ralphie, Cory, or Rich. Ralphie is hilarious, and Ive seen Cory and Rich live, thus giving me more exposure to their act.

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    .... unless you were being sarcastic :mad:
    Although Sarcasm is a gift, in this case I was serious.

Sarcasm would be having Kobe sell beef.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by senrik

Actually, Kobe sells Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread.
    They just got new packaging about three weeks before the scandal, with "Eat Kobe's favorite: Nutella!" on the side.
    Not exactly a rousing endorsement.
    (No sarcasm in any of this, mind you, just a look at advertising. If I wanted to be funny I'd do something about Kobe pushing nut butter, but that's just silly.)
    Joy
    Blogging away in my LaughAtlantis world...

dvm
    Get off the hate train.

What a joke that case is huh? And a 4 million dollar APOLOGY ring... WTF???? :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by LaughAtlantis
    Actually, Kobe sells Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread.
    They just got new packaging about three weeks before the scandal, with "Eat Kobe's favorite: Nutella!" on the side.
    Not exactly a rousing endorsement.
    (No sarcasm in any of this, mind you, just a look at advertising. If I wanted to be funny I'd do something about Kobe pushing nut butter, but that's just silly.)
    I've seen those for years (in NYC), as my wife loves Nutella.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

I've seen those for years (in NYC), as my wife loves Nutella.
    Yeah, they JUST reprinted them though, because they have new plastic jars, and they now have the Kobe thing and the "Now in new plastic jars" advertisement. If only Kobe had planned his indiscretion a little better, Nutella could have planned their marketing strategy more efficiently - and had more room for touting its hazelnutty-goodness. Gawd, Nutella's good.
    Joy
    Blogging away in my LaughAtlantis world...

Quote Originally Posted by dvm

What a joke that case is huh? And a 4 million dollar APOLOGY ring... WTF???? :rolleyes
    And it gets more and more amusing. I love the new twist that anyone that defends the victim gets death threats.

Personally I haven't made up my mind as to what happened, aside from the infidelity. But then again, i don't have a horse in the race either.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedONE
    Call me naive, but I still honestly believe that the majority of the audience will still vote on merit rather than what they saw. All bets are off when the Vegas show airs in my opinion. At least I hope...
    You're naive.

Sorry, ConfusedONE, you asked for it. Sadly, I think that there is a large portion of the population that will vote for who they like better, not who they think is the funniest. It will be interesting to see how things shake out tomorrow night.

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    By god, your right, it is tomorrow night! I completely forgot. I will vote between Ralphie, Cory, and Rich for sure. No matter how funny, no Dat or Tess.

FORT Newbie
    some people including Dat keep talking about strategy... what about the strategy of being funny? I mean REALLY funny and creative, regardless what other people strategy is... I think that the big deal about Dat is that he represents himself as a very honest and nice, very make-love-not-war person , the victim-cum-laudae in a sea of wolves. Somebody who has a strategy of showing kindness, sorry, is not a a natural good-hearted. And to vote that person because it represents himself as very good-hearted when the show is about comic skilles, excuse me, it is a non-sense.
    I will not be surprised if Dat is going to win. I took my share of shock when Dave was eliminated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast