+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: The Dat Phan/Margaret Cho connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    How 'bout this point of view. Despite Jay Mohr's best intentions (supposing he cares) NOBODY involved in this contest is a genius, except possibly Mohr himself, and I'm not talking about his comedy there, just his ability to make money off this thing.
    Maybe there's a reason these guys are only 'nearly famous' because (and I quote from Rich Voss) THEY SUCK.

all of 'em
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    Stephen King,
    Al Franken,
    Lorne michaels
    Amy tan,
    Tom clancy.

Need I go on?
    I meant as a comedy writer solely. Lorne is many more things than just a comedy writer & Al franken was a performer as well as a writer. Nobody gets rich just writing jokes w/o being able to deliver them. Good writers are a dime a dozen. Good performeres are a much more scarce commodity.

A woman of substance WildThymeWoman's Avatar

You are so wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by eltorro
    I meant as a comedy writer solely. Lorne is many more things than just a comedy writer & Al franken was a performer as well as a writer. Nobody gets rich just writing jokes w/o being able to deliver them. Good writers are a dime a dozen. Good performeres are a much more scarce commodity.
    I couldn't disagree with you more....Good writers are not a dime-a-dozen. Actually that is insulting.

It's just that the writers are in the background, therefore, don't receive all the fame and glory. If you ask any of the great performers they will tell you how dependent and appreciative they are of their writers. They don't deserve to be discounted like that....

Quote Originally Posted by WildThymeWoman
    I couldn't disagree with you more....Good writers are not a dime-a-dozen. Actually that is insulting.

It's just that the writers are in the background, therefore, don't receive all the fame and glory. If you ask any of the great performers they will tell you how dependent and appreciative they are of their writers. They don't deserve to be discounted like that....
    I totally agree with you. There are ALOT MORE good performers loooking for good writers than good writers looking for good performers.

i dont get it whats so funny about dat phan?

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    What a lot of us think, is NOTHING!

There is nothing funny about Dat himself. He's funny onstage to some of us, and those that don't like his jokes or don't get them, probably don't like his style of humor, imo.

exactly.
    Comedy, like anything else, is subjective. I can't imagine living in a world where everyone agreed with what was funny, what was beautiful, what tasted good, what was fun etc...
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread