+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vegas Show 7-23 (Live Report)

FORT Regular
    Also the reveal show will be on August 5th we will be eliminated one by one until the final two remain. Then the last two will do more standup and then the winner will be announced. The Winner will appear on The Tonight Show Aug 6th.

Ralphie May

How long were the sets Ralphie? I'd hate to see 15 minutes of commercials, 30 minutes of filler, and only 3 minutes of comedy each from the finalists. It would suck.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    How long were the sets Ralphie? I'd hate to see 15 minutes of commercials, 30 minutes of filler, and only 3 minutes of comedy each from the finalists. It would suck.
    All were 5 minutes, or under.

Ralphie May

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Thanks for the scoop, Ralphie!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie May
    All were 5 minutes, or under.

Ralphie May
    Wow. Better than 3 minutes I guess, but still... Unless you preferred it that way. As a headliner how long is a normal performance for you? Is it an advantage to go shorter or longer, since you've got a couple years of material under your belt?

Anyway, good luck, Ralphie. You'll get a lot of shit on the Internet, but you've dealt with it pretty well, I think.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Wow. Better than 3 minutes I guess, but still... Unless you preferred it that way. As a headliner how long is a normal performance for you? Is it an advantage to go shorter or longer, since you've got a couple years of material under your belt?

Anyway, good luck, Ralphie. You'll get a lot of shit on the Internet, but you've dealt with it pretty well, I think.
    My normal set in Los Angeles is only 20 minutes. Headlining on the road 45 to an hour. To make all the sets shorter is only beneficial to those comics with limited amounts of material. Five minutes is enough to get the taste of who is better especially since its coming unedited. You'll see who the best comic is...you'll vote for the one you love the most. The Last Comic Standing is...IMO Dat Phan. You guys were made to believe we all hated him. None of us hate him. Hell I dont hate him and last night I saw him use one of my jokes at the audition. (Just so you'll know...Remember my joke about living in a dangerous part of Los Angeles called Los Angeles, Dat says he is lived in a racist part of San Diego called San Diego. That is my joke, he did it when he didn't think anyone would see it. He knows its mine, and I am not even Asian. Trust me that stealing stuff will catch up to him.)

Ralphie May

FORT Newbie
    My normal set in Los Angeles is only 20 minutes. Headlining on the road 45 to an hour. To make all the sets shorter is only beneficial to those comics with limited amounts of material. Five minutes is enough to get the taste of who is better especially since its coming unedited. You'll see who the best comic is...you'll vote for the one you love the most. The Last Comic Standing is...IMO Dat Phan. You guys were made to believe we all hated him. None of us hate him. Hell I dont hate him and last night I saw him use one of my jokes at the audition. (Just so you'll know...Remember my joke about living in a dangerous part of Los Angeles called Los Angeles, Dat says he is lived in a racist part of San Diego called San Diego. That is my joke, he did it when he didn't think anyone would see it. He knows its mine, and I am not even Asian. Trust me that stealing stuff will catch up to him.)

Ralphie May

so ralphy, are you implying that Dat was the funniest in Vegas?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rizzzay
    so ralphy, are you implying that Dat was the funniest in Vegas?
    Nope...I just think he ll win the popular vote because of the editing.

Ralphie May

I think Ralphie has a slight advantage from the people that visit this board for giving us the scoop so freakin' much.

I'm going to use three of my votes for Ralphie and three for Tess.

Also, Ralphie, do you think that they'll air the Dat Phan stolen joke? I remember hearing you use that joke in the auditions but I was wondering what the chances were that NBC would show Dat using that joke.
    Indeed.

Ralphie May
    Again Ralphie, thanks for the insight.
    I can't wait to see the show next.
    In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
    Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

+ Reply to Thread