+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vegas Show 7-23 (Live Report)

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    So let me get this straight: America is going to see the live show, taped yesterday, next Tuesday, vote, and then get another 2 hr results show the following week???

So is this going to be 1 hr, 59 minutes of filler and 1 minute of results? If so, NBC should just start calling themselves FOX!

BTW, I'm going to the AI concert tmrw... woo-hooo
    Probably. and the thing is. the 1 minute of result will be after the 01:59:00:00

But thats the funny business for you.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    So let me get this straight: America is going to see the live show, taped yesterday, next Tuesday, vote, and then get another 2 hr results show the following week???

So is this going to be 1 hr, 59 minutes of filler and 1 minute of results? If so, NBC should just start calling themselves FOX!

BTW, I'm going to the AI concert tmrw... woo-hooo
    I took this from Reality News Online:

So what will be happening in the next two weeks? July 23rd will see the filming of the finals, where the five finalists will compete in front of an audience at Paris Las Vegas (that's Paris Las Vegas, not THE Paris Las Vegas . . . kind of like the age-old argument about “is it Batman or THE Batman”). That is a free show, so it'll be a hard show to get into at the last minute. This show will be filmed and edited for broadcast on July 29 in the usual NBC timeslot (and then repeated on Comedy Central). Viewers at home will then be able to then be able to vote for which of the five they believe to be the funniest.

The following week on August 5th, from what we understand, NBC will be airing a live two-hour special from Paris Las Vegas. During that special, the winner picked by the viewers will be announced. No doubt the show will showcase memorable moments from the series and further interview segments from all of the ten finalists. In fact, we'll be announcing something big about that final show here next week, so check back with us then for more details.

Zapata, Thanks for doing the research!

Wait, do we get to vote? Because if we did it would take to nights like on American Idol

Quote Originally Posted by eric11
    Wait, do we get to vote? Because if we did it would take to nights like on American Idol
    yes. Thats why they say you, the american people, decide.
    Unless its like that live thing, which would mean that the people in the audience decide.

Why do i do this to myself?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

I thought I read in TVGuide online that the first hour of the 2 hour finale would be revisiting with the contestants. During the second hour the final two would be revealed and do a little stand up and then the winner would be revealed.

I hope it's not just 2 hours of rehash.

Thanks for the info zapata

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    yes. Thats why they say you, the american people, decide.
    Unless its like that live thing, which would mean that the people in the audience decide.

Why do i do this to myself?

That is kind of confusing once you start analyzing it. Dammit senrik, now you have got me thinking way too much. I'm pretty sure we get to vote, but at first I thought the show was going to be live(in real time), so who knows I hope we get to vote, because all this time they have been saying "You will decide" and I have been waiting to help make the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by chrldr1818
    Thanks for the info zapata

That is kind of confusing once you start analyzing it. Dammit senrik, now you have got me thinking way too much. I'm pretty sure we get to vote, but at first I thought the show was going to be live(in real time), so who knows I hope we get to vote, because all this time they have been saying "You will decide" and I have been waiting to help make the decision.
    We do get to decide. The final 5 will perform and I THINK, I think, we vote and they annouce the winner the next week , but I'm 100% not positive.
    In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
    Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    and maybe the five people that watched The Family (Shameless Plug Alert: ABC, Wednesdays, starts up again July 30, I'm recapping. ) the first time it was on would say that it wouldn't have been the same without George Hamilton. But the dating shows that are dominating the airwaves these days? Nobody cares.

I think Jay Mohr has done just fine as the host. And it doesn't really matter what we think - it's up to the executive producer of the show to make those calls. And the executive producer of the show is? Jay Mohr.
    George Ham-it-Up rules!

Mohr? Ehhh. I guess he's done no worse than anyone else.

FORT Regular
    Okay just to clear it up. Last night we taped two shows. The first one was taped in real time which means NBC won't edit anything (except cuss words), we the comics all performed. The lineup was; Ralphie, Dat, Tess, Rich, Cory. It was personally the best comedy show audience I have ever performed in front of. We changed wardrobe, then went back out to the set. We all came back out on stage and we where asked questions about the show. Then we were joined on stage by the other housemates, and more Q&A. Then the other housemates were excused and then we answered some questions, you see some of the audition tapes from the best of the worst. Then we wrapped.

What is going to happen is on the 29th the standup will air and at the end of the show, everyone will get the chance to vote by phone(for one hour each time zone) and 24 hours online. You can only vote three times by each phone line, and three times from your computer.

Ta Da you got the scoop before anyone else. Why do you hate me so much? LOL.

Ralphie May

+ Reply to Thread