+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: The Vegas Show 7-23 (Live Report)

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by CashMoneySoviet
    Dave is an excellent writer, he knows how to bring out good material in a hilarious way. He blends old and new jokes almost seamlessly
    Too bad a cadaver is a better performer than him. He just stands in 1 place looking uncomfortable. Now THATS the kind of performer I want to see lol!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Missin Dave
    lol....way to set him straight. I completely agree with you. I just wanted to say that dave has GREAT material...and he also has sharp wit....you can't scrip that ... pure geniousity...lol. No many people have as good of come backs as Dave does
    If you feel that Dave is THAT good of a comic, you really need to go to more comedy clubs. Cuz Dave is mediocre at best when compared to top comics in the biz

Quote Originally Posted by eltorro
    Too bad a cadaver is a better performer than him. He just stands in 1 place looking uncomfortable. Now THATS the kind of performer I want to see lol!
    now THAT is an act.... i mean a REAL Cadaver, all the body drippings going on, and through it all, its telling jokes....

What a concept.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by eltorro
    All good comics repeat material cuz only 5% of their jokes are the best ones. Once u learn to accept that, you will understand what being a comic is really like

I am getting soooo sick of reading that little "fact"; it's been posted several times, I GET THE POINT. First of all, comedy is completely subjective, so no one person can call a comedian "good", it all depends on what appeals to you. I didn't say anything about Dave repeating material outside of the show, because I know he has. The most anyone has done stand-up on the show is five times(Dat), but he's only had to do two 10 minute sets, the other three were five minutes or less. You don't need to do the same jokes over and over, and Dave wouldn't since he's been in the biz for nine years, he's got enough material. I said Dave wouldn't have used any material twice on LCS. He still reuses material outside of the show, and that's fine.

I don't need to accept your little tidbit about reusing material. Of course, I'm given no choice because I've read it on this board too many times. How will learning to accept that make me understand what it's really like to be a comic. That's not all there is to it, I don't know what it's like to get up on stage and have to make people laugh for a certain amount of time. I don't know what it's like having to discover the humor is every day life, or what it's like to get in front of drunks and hecklers and perform. You know why? BECAUSE I'M NOT A COMEDIAN. I'm not a comedian, so I'll never understand what it's like to be one, I'll never experience that. I'm not trying to "understand what being a comic is really like". I'm a dancer, I understand what being a dancer is really like, I understand what working a part time office job and waiting tables to make money is really like, that's all I'm concerned with.

Quote Originally Posted by chrldr1818

I am getting soooo sick of reading that little "fact"; it's been posted several times, I GET THE POINT. First of all, comedy is completely subjective, so no one person can call a comedian "good", it all depends on what appeals to you. I didn't say anything about Dave repeating material outside of the show, because I know he has. The most anyone has done stand-up on the show is five times(Dat), but he's only had to do two 10 minute sets, the other three were five minutes or less. You don't need to do the same jokes over and over, and Dave wouldn't since he's been in the biz for nine years, he's got enough material. I said Dave wouldn't have used any material twice on LCS. He still reuses material outside of the show, and that's fine.

I don't need to accept your little tidbit about reusing material. Of course, I'm given no choice because I've read it on this board too many times. How will learning to accept that make me understand what it's really like to be a comic. That's not all there is to it, I don't know what it's like to get up on stage and have to make people laugh for a certain amount of time. I don't know what it's like having to discover the humor is every day life, or what it's like to get in front of drunks and hecklers and perform. You know why? BECAUSE I'M NOT A COMEDIAN. I'm not a comedian, so I'll never understand what it's like to be one, I'll never experience that. I'm not trying to "understand what being a comic is really like". I'm a dancer, I understand what being a dancer is really like, I understand what working a part time office job and waiting tables to make money is really like, that's all I'm concerned with.
    Thanks, I've been saying that bit for too long.....
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

+ Reply to Thread