+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Episode 8: What's the Lesson?

Great job, very funny.

But that was an "old Jewish woman's voice?" She sounded more to me like Sergeant Schultz from Hogan's Heroes. She also did the voice when she voted, saying "That's the last challenge." I wonder if it's part of her act.

You're right, I, too, thought they all said Tess was the sleeping dragon. I think most of them commented on that on the 2nd house episode.
    Great recap!

FORT Newbie

Geoff showed real class

I had seen Geoff once before on late night TV and the way I remembered him was he used the same material (years ago). Tried and true, I guess. But I was quite impressed that he understood that longevity only counts with those in the biz. We, the public don't care. All we care about is did you make us laugh?

As a matter of fact, thinking about how much nicer Vox seemed in his interview than in the show, didn't he (and the rest) realize that we would be voting not just for the funniest comedian, but for the funniest comedian that we LIKE ! How I feel about a comedian's personality influences my enjoyment of his/her comedy. Don Rickles always tread a fine line because it's hard to not be turned off by obnoxiousness. Even he didn't always carry it off. Some people in this house haven't carried it off at all.

Great recaps. Love the wine references. Right on target.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    We’re treated to Cory asking an intern if it is okay that her name is spelled incorrectly (there’s not supposed to be an “e” in Cory) on her security badge. Cory, I know that security is a lot tighter in today’s society, but I’m guessing that unless they spelled it S-A-D-D-A-M, you won’t have a problem with the guards.
    When this show is over, I’m making a big sign that says ”Foreshadowing.” Then I’m going to drive to the NBC studios in Burbank, find the editor of this show, and beat him over the head with the sign. Consider it payback.
    Geoff says “We hoodwinked you. Hornswaggled you. We bamboozled you.” Geoff knows at least three synonyms for “fooled”, but he doesn’t know the difference between a fortune teller and a genie.
    Cory thinks she is funnier than Geoff. She says of Dat “I think he’s way smarter than we give him credit for.” Oh yeah? Ask him where the heart is located.

These are just a few of the things that had me There are too many to quote them all

Graet recap Wayner You really outdid yourself. This was my fav so far, you had me I made the mistake of reading this while I'm at work, and I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. Good thing my boss isn't around.

he said “It’s not you, it’s me – I just don’t find you attractive.” No? Um, yeah, that never happened to me, either.

Having successfully defeated the chair that represented evil, darkness and just everything bad, Dat sits on the rear wall of the property, looking out over Hollywood, eating an apple. You know, the fruit that represents original sin.

It’s a little known fact that in his youth, the Dali Lama dreamed of becoming a comic, but his best joke was “Knock knock? Who’s there? Look inside yourself, and you will find the answer.”

Geoff prepares for the showdown by applying some sort of chemical peel. Uh, Geoff, Michael Jackson used to do the same thing, and look what happened to him.

Nicely done, Wayner. I think you should try out for LCS2. You're funnier than some of the comics.

Your recaps just keep getting better and better!
    I think Johnny Damon has the SWEETEST mullet in major league baseball!

this was hilarious. i think you should shoot on over to television without pity. they would kill to have you recapping over there. oh, and thanks for not pointing out how totally andy dick that was of rob, my boy toy, to talk about an alien brain. seriously.
    [More and more people are discovering the conveniences of a bedside water carafe.

Wayner, great recap.

Having successfully defeated the chair that represented evil, darkness and just everything bad, Dat sits on the rear wall of the property, looking out over Hollywood, eating an apple. You know, the fruit that represents original sin. This only a day after he was filmed telling us that he would never let Hollywood corrupt him. Am I the only one that sees any irony in this scene?

She says of Dat "I think he's way smarter than we give him credit for." Oh yeah? Ask him where the heart is located.

Geoff goes first, wearing the smoothest burgundy shirt I've ever seen. It might as well have "Vos was here" stenciled across the front.

helllo

great recap! unfortunately i missed the show on thursday. does anyone know if they replay it anytime and on what channel?? im desperate i want to see it badly!

hey

Quote Originally Posted by kiss4u
    great recap! unfortunately i missed the show on thursday. does anyone know if they replay it anytime and on what channel?? im desperate i want to see it badly!
    oops i meant i missed the show on tuesday. PLEASE tell me there are replays

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kiss4u
    oops i meant i missed the show on tuesday. PLEASE tell me there are replays
    Saturday night, not sure what time, on Comedy Central.
    And what would that sound like DAG?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast