+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: High School Behavior

Quote Originally Posted by evilmonkey1686
    i hope that wasnt sarcastic... (again this has no relevance other then it is funny to me)
    Wasnt sarcastic... but right now I wish I had something sarcastic or witty to say... but I dont. Oh well.

FORT Regular
    Dave's insults were the kicker for me, but it's also their hide and seek and the interviews. Quite simply, he's always 30 feet away in the background, you don't think he hears them?

The other thing is that to some extent, Dat probably has a fair amount of respect for their seniority. Think like a rookie pitcher coming into the dugout the first day and David Wells walks up to him and says 'your pitching sucks, we don't want you, go home.' Wells hasn't seen the rookie pitch and whatever the rookie's opinion of Wells' personality, he still respected him as a veteren in the business. Now he's been insulted in front of the team.

ps. That's one funky monkey.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by evilmonkey1686
    can someone tell me how the comics verbally abused Dat? all they did was play that little trick on him, and then Dave and Rich argued with him. nothing they said wasnt true so it wasnt like they were going "shut up u homo" or somethign like that. i dont get why u think that Dat wa mistreated so badly.

I think people are making a big deal out of nothing, it's not like Dat is a little kid whose feelings get hurt so easily. All this sympathy for him is getting on my nerves. I hope that he doesn't end up winning this competition out of sympathy votes.

-Kel
    "The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."
    Rita Mae Brown

i feel the same way......dat is an adult, and everyone on the show just said their opinions about him, at least they said it to his face. i think dat could take it, and besides ...they really didnt say anything horrible or do anything horrible. everyone seems way too sensitive.

FORT Regular
    If you don't get it, then you just have a different point of view. I always like to tell it as it is, but I don't insult people for fun.

Obviously this whole Dat thing is an issue for some of the posters, for or against. This is the only 'reality show' I've watched since the first survivor and I'm just surprised by what I consider entirely unacceptable behavior from adults.

It won't be a particular issue for me in the final vote, or if one of these guys comes to a club locally. I'll find it hard to believe if Rich wins, but if he actually deserves it, he'd get my vote.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy4Clay

I think people are making a big deal out of nothing, it's not like Dat is a little kid whose feelings get hurt so easily. All this sympathy for him is getting on my nerves. I hope that he doesn't end up winning this competition out of sympathy votes.

-Kel
    Double

Amen and hallelujah. Can't we get off this? Like many of us have said before, Dat is an adult, it was a practical joke that he took well and moved on to win two competitions, so la-dee-freakin-da, I don't think he's on the brink of suicide over it. Practical jokes are common at my office, and I'll be damned if someone got a sympathy promotion out of one! LOL Why not, instead of sympathy, admire the way he overcame adversity? And how about, instead of slamming the mean old nasty comics, laugh at a simple joke they played where no one got hurt and everyone was laughing in the end?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by carrera
    Amen and hallelujah. Can't we get off this? Like many of us have said before, Dat is an adult, it was a practical joke that he took well and moved on to win two competitions, so la-dee-freakin-da, I don't think he's on the brink of suicide over it. Practical jokes are common at my office, and I'll be damned if someone got a sympathy promotion out of one! LOL Why not, instead of sympathy, admire the way he overcame adversity? And how about, instead of slamming the mean old nasty comics, laugh at a simple joke they played where no one got hurt and everyone was laughing in the end?
    Amen times two. Hey, it's not like they pantsed the guy or put his hand in a bowl of warm water (which would have been just as funny). Dat's a big boy.....well, full-grown, anyway.

Don't take it so personally. Dave and Rich are just being Dave and Rich. Their style of humor is self-deprecating, which means they think that we should all be able to laugh at ourselves every now and then. Like the episode where Tere said "F*** you, Dat!" after he voted for her? Whoa--who needs a hug? IT'S A CONTEST! You gotta challenge someone. You'd think that "professionals" of the adult variety would realize this.

Why do they "gang" up on Dat? Because he's a nice guy.....and he's an easy target.....and they're comics.....and it's FUNNY T.V.!

FORT Regular
    hwo are the trying to "get him at all times"?

Quote Originally Posted by jterry121
    Last I checked, u didnt live w/ your co workers 24/7. & Last I checked, u didnt have EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR COWORKERS trying to get you at all times. Some one apparently has no awareness of other peoples emotions. I hope to NEVER meet a person like u in real life.
    Why? Will you die or implode or have to go through years of therapy if I played an innocent joke on you? I feel sorry for you.

And ONCE AGAIN, this is only one single moment in weeks and weeks of these people living together. What if Dat put stink bombs in everyones' beds and they just chose not to tell the audience about it? It's called EDITING. Get over it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast