+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Dave be on Tuesday?

Will Dave be on Tuesday?

Somebody posted this on another bulletin board:

---------------------
    Dave will play a part in this tuesdays show! now you maybe asking how does this newbie know? Well Mordal is from my home state of minnesota and he was doing a radio show this moring and he said he was coming back i dont know why he is (he didnt say) but its still awesome news.
    --------------------

I am not THRIILLED WITH THIS AT ALL. He should not be back in any capacity, I don't care. He CHALLENGED someone, he said he was funnier than them, and he LOST. It would not be fair for him to come back unless you bring them all back. MAYBE that's it- they are bringing EVERYONE back for some sort of stunt. I don't know.

If Dave is going to be on the show, if it's just him, then it better be in the scenes where they tell you what happened last week- anything else is going to really piss me off.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by zapata

---------------------
    Dave CHALLENGED someone, he said he was funnier than them, and he LOST. It would not be fair for him to come back unless you bring them all back. MAYBE that's it- they are bringing EVERYONE back for some sort of stunt. I don't know.

If Dave is going to be on the show, if it's just him, then it better be in the scenes where they tell you what happened last week- anything else is going to really piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by zapata

---------------------
    Dave will play a part in this tuesdays show! now you maybe asking how does this newbie know? Well Mordal is from my home state of minnesota and he was doing a radio show this moring and he said he was coming back i dont know why he is (he didnt say) but its still awesome news.
    --------------------

I am not THRIILLED WITH THIS AT ALL. He should not be back in any capacity, I don't care. He CHALLENGED someone, he said he was funnier than them, and he LOST. It would not be fair for him to come back unless you bring them all back. MAYBE that's it- they are bringing EVERYONE back for some sort of stunt. I don't know.

Problem is, Like it or not, Shows are about ratings (if they weren't they wouldn't know what to charge for the commercials). Dave has a certain following (as you can tell on this forum, myself not included). NBC wants ratings, so will do anything they can, including rip up the rulebook to get them.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

I dont know about Tuesday's episode, guys, but I think that the Vegas Finals will have all 10 comics that started in the house at least attending.

Of course, its all speculation on my part. But, if I remember what I heard correctly, the last show is a 2 hour showcase for the 5 remaining comics, and I am sure that the ousted 5 will be there as well. Kinda like getting all the contestants from Survivor together when they finally announce the winners.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Did he definitely say it was on this Tuesday's show? Because I would imagine that NBC would have all the comedians at the finals in Vegas just to wave and smile at the crowd (not to do their act, mind you, but at least to say hi, I was one of the ten). That may be what he meant. I certainly don't think they are going to let him back into the house - that would be colossally unfair to the others.

As for the ratings driving his return, you forget that all of the episodes except the finals in Vegas were filmed quite some time ago, so it's not like NBC would know ahead of time what a ground swell there would be for Dave. So I have to guess that the special guest, whoever it is, isn't him.

I love Dave, wish he were still there, but fair is fair.
    Joy
    Blogging away in my LaughAtlantis world...

Quote Originally Posted by LaughAtlantis
    I love Dave, wish he were still there, but fair is fair.

Dave was my favorite, I honestly thought he was going to win. I wish he was still part of the competition, but since he's been eliminated it isn't fair to bring him back. Maybe they'll bring back the others that have been eliminated too, but not to compete.

"Being on" and "coming back" are pretty loose terms. Guest starring as a non-competitor is the more obvious bet. Remember Stephen Baldwin's "return" on "Celebrity Mole: Hawaii"? I know... its a bad memory because of Baldwin's mega-tool status, but its precident.

I just couldn't imagine him NOT winning (before last week's defeat) but oh how wrong I was. I can't wait to see him on another show or special.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    "Being on" and "coming back" are pretty loose terms. Guest starring as a non-competitor is the more obvious bet. Remember Stephen Baldwin's "return" on "Celebrity Mole: Hawaii"? I know... its a bad memory because of Baldwin's mega-tool status, but its precident.
    Yeah, but they brought him on as the cabana boy. I don't want to see Dave as the cabana boy.

Dress him up like a rat! Or an iron!
    Joy
    Blogging away in my LaughAtlantis world...

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    I always knew he wasn't going to win, even though im a fan. My views changed from Ralphie to Dat to win it all

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast