+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Dave be on Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by LaughAtlantis
    Yeah, but they brought him on as the cabana boy. I don't want to see Dave as the cabana boy.

Dress him up like a rat! Or an iron!
    or as Dat's notebook.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Dave as a cabana boy..... I'm going to have think about that for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Gansed
    Dave as a cabana boy..... I'm going to have think about that for a while.
    Hey it worked for Kato.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    "Being on" and "coming back" are pretty loose terms. Guest starring as a non-competitor is the more obvious bet. Remember Stephen Baldwin's "return" on "Celebrity Mole: Hawaii"? I know... its a bad memory because of Baldwin's mega-tool status, but its precident.

I'm confused about Dave's comment on the radio. I think there must be a mistake, because I'm assuming that all the contestants have signed confidentiality agreements, with severe penalties for those who release information prior to airing each episode. I think this is standard practice for these reality shows that are not live. Otherwise the whole show would be ruined before it even aired.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughAtlantis
    Yeah, but they brought him on as the cabana boy. I don't want to see Dave as the cabana boy.

Dress him up like a rat! Or an iron!
    If he came back as an iron, he'll get a lot of chances to joke around with his buddy, Vos.

i will be at the vegas show on wednesday. i will issue a full report. i hope they let the eliminated comics attend and wave. i would like to see a set from dave. but if they let dave perform, they have to let all the eliminated comics perform. i don't know if they will take the time. the only question i have is whether seeing dave perform is worth the agony of hearing "right on. cha, cha, cha!" 20 more times.

Quote Originally Posted by dobolina
    I dont know about Tuesday's episode, guys, but I think that the Vegas Finals will have all 10 comics that started in the house at least attending.

Of course, its all speculation on my part. But, if I remember what I heard correctly, the last show is a 2 hour showcase for the 5 remaining comics, and I am sure that the ousted 5 will be there as well. Kinda like getting all the contestants from Survivor together when they finally announce the winners.

That's true- that's like American Idol, too, they get all the people back on the show for the last episode- but that's mainly because of the tour and album they promote- hey- a comedy album of everyone's ten minute routine? That wouldn't be bad- do they do that anymore? I purchased Woody Allen's stand-up not long ago on a CD- I also bought Redd Foxx's(?) stand-up- (it was truly awful)- is there a market for that now? It's still better than getting nothing, I guess.

We know there is another head-to-head- but we don't know how it will be determined who goes head-to-head. Maybe it won't be a vote- maybe the ones who got ousted get to vote on the two they want to see challenge each other. That would be a good twist. It could be the "revenge of the losers" time.

Let's see- but there is only four to vote so maybe that wouldn't work- but it'd be a good twist- God I spend way too much time thinking about this show- I'm hooked-

FORT Regular
    Yeah, I think he'll be back. Last Tuesday, after I threw a brick through my t.v., I immediately e-mailed him. There was a response waiting the next morning. But it wasn't so much what he said in his reply as what I wrote in my e-mail that has me convinced that he'll be back. Maybe I'm overanalyzing it (but hey, I'm an attorney and I hear we tend to overanalyze!), and I don't know in what capacity, but I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing him on Tuesday.

In any case, this is good for NBC as there are so many rumors/guesses as to what will happen on Tuesday floating around. People are bound to tune in out of curiosity if nothing else. It's been fun reading about all the speculations. (He'll be back, he won't be back, all of the ousted comedians will be back, Ralphie gets angry and leaves only to come back. The pleasant surprise that so many of you have been told about is either that Dave will be back or that Dat will be eliminated. Etc., etc.!)

The thing, in my opinion, that makes this all so interesting is that, unlike say, the Bachelor (where we're really only waiting on pins and needles for one thing - that being who will be chosen), there are so many possibilities here. I've only touched on a few above.

Tuesday's episode should be interesting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12