+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dave is by far the the most overrated comic on this forum

fiddle245

Dave is by far the the most overrated comic on this forum

You guys need to check yourselves for a sec. 4 U guys that thinkDave is the 2nd coming: you don't get invited to many parties, do u? Most of daves jokes are corny, cheesy & just plain lame. His bit about having a crappy car is about one of the most played out topics of all time. Everytime I see him trying to be funny, I cover my ears so I dont gag out of disgust. This guy has the most conservative whitebread act I have ever heard. The only place I want to see his face is in the obituaries. Not to mention hes a complete idiot about not repeating his material: the best comics in the industry recycle material cuz only 5% of the material is the best. You cant expect to come up w/ a new GOOD set every day, or even WEEK unless youre Leno or Letterman & even they have a team of writers. The sooner dave realizes this, maybe he'll actually get somewhere & not get punked so badly by a newbie again.

Plus he actually has to do something a bit more exciting than sounding like hes reading the joeks off cue cards and standing in the same spot onstage for 10 min w/ his hands in his pockets. In fact the only time I laughed out loud at him was at his facial expression after being Slaughtered by the Dat 70-30. The Dat turned him into his bitch & rode him all the way back to minnesota. HA HA !!! Dave is Dat's bitch!!!

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Pfft! You wish...

Dave is funny, you sir are not

Quote Originally Posted by fiddle245
    You guys need to check yourselves for a sec. 4 U guys that thinkDave is the 2nd coming: you don't get invited to many parties, do u? Most of daves jokes are corny, cheesy & just plain lame. His bit about having a crappy car is about one of the most played out topics of all time. Everytime I see him trying to be funny, I cover my ears so I dont gag out of disgust. This guy has the most conservative whitebread act I have ever heard. The only place I want to see his face is in the obituaries. Not to mention hes a complete idiot about not repeating his material: the best comics in the industry recycle material cuz only 5% of the material is the best. You cant expect to come up w/ a new GOOD set every day, or even WEEK unless youre Leno or Letterman & even they have a team of writers. The sooner dave realizes this, maybe he'll actually get somewhere & not get punked so badly by a newbie again.

Plus he actually has to do something a bit more exciting than sounding like hes reading the joeks off cue cards and standing in the same spot onstage for 10 min w/ his hands in his pockets. In fact the only time I laughed out loud at him was at his facial expression after being Slaughtered by the Dat 70-30. The Dat turned him into his bitch & rode him all the way back to minnesota. HA HA !!! Dave is Dat's bitch!!!
    I'd rather hear "conservative whitebread" comedy than someone who uses the word "bitch" all the time. Talk about tired and not funny...

I don't understand why you must denigrate others with your 'you guys think Dave is the 2nd coming' Blarney. While admittedly, I didn't like the way they portrayed him on the show, and I don't appreciate his sour grapes afterward, understand that different people like different things. Some people like Chocolate Ice Cream, and some Vanilla. Heck, I even here that some like Strawberry. Before you start insulting Dave though, you need to walk a mile in Ralphie's shoes.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    Mordal doesn't use b*tch a lot but has a good vocabulary with f*ck

Fiddle, if you want to post your opinions that's fine, but don't insult other members (2nd coming, dont get invited to parties) because they don't agree with you.

The same thing goes to everyone.

Dave made a mistake not re-using material. He knows it now. Dat was smarter. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    But, Wolf, I don't get invited to parties.
    ~*~ Maji *~

Oh, really? And to think, without your courage, we'd all still be in the dark.

Dave is not over-rated. His stand-up act is funny. You seem to be upset that so many people are praising him, but the truth is, that's natural considering what happened on Tuesday. Tere got a bump up from her fans when she was eliminated, and Rob's fans spoke up when he was eliminated. It's only natural that the Dave fans would come out in force and comment on him, especially when the program was edited to make it look like he was much funnier than Dat yet Dat still won by a big margin. That is also the cause of much furor among the viewers and posters. If it was shown that Dat was so much funnier in the act, you wouldn't have so many people in anger and confusion. But that wasn't the case and it has provoked widespread discussion, most likely just as NBC hoped.

He's not over-rated. No one is saying he is a comic genius, most just feel he was funnier than Dat and shouldn't have gone. America is fickle. By Tuesday when the next show rolls around, people will simply move on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast