+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Dave is by far the the most overrated comic on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by CashMoneySoviet
    yea, and one of his jokes said she was pregnant
    And there are certainly some women on this forum that are sad to hear that.....
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by MajiH
    Cotton wins.
    Well, OBVIOUSLY. The touch, the feel of cotton. It's the fabric of our lives.
    Joy
    Blogging away in my LaughAtlantis world...

ok ok admitingly Dave is a cool individiual. But the fact alot of people (Dave included) has disrespected Dat as a comedian and as basically what he is about turns me off and quick to condemn those who do that to the poor guy.

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=Krom]On one hand, I tend to think the "everybody has differnent tastes" and "can't we all get along" arguments a bit of a cop-out, although I appreciate the reasons for making those points. Nobody making them is doing it for anything but the best reasons, but I just can't agree.

I think intelligent argumentation can (and often SHOULD) be made in favor of certain things being better, at a minimum the Internet would be quite boring if it was an endless progression of people saying simply "X rules!". That said "Y sucks!" is not a very valid form of debate, UNLESS some hard evidence and reasoning is used to support it. More than "I feel", hopefully.

There can be no real "hard evidence" in a board like this. It's all based on your opinion. I find debate rather pointless because you either like someone's style or not. There is no way to "prove" your opinion is correct. I come to this board to listen or talk to people who share my opinions, trying to get others who don't to change their mind is pointless.
    I don't understand why you think the comment "everyone has different tastes" and "can't we all just get along" is a copout.

thinks he's so smart MyNameIsKenny's Avatar
    There can be no real "hard evidence" in a board like this. It's all based on your opinion.

Yes, but an opinion can be explained ("I don't like Ralphie because un-PC humor is played out"), which is what I think Krom was going for.
    Hot news just in -- Michael Jackson has a new album coming out. That's right, folks, it's called [pedophilia joke].

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    ~*~ Maji *~

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsKenny
    There can be no real "hard evidence" in a board like this. It's all based on your opinion.

Yes, but an opinion can be explained ("I don't like Ralphie because un-PC humor is played out"), which is what I think Krom was going for.
    Yeah. Okay, so strike the word "hard" and just leave "evidence" in what I said earlier.

But I still say its a cop-out to declare that everybody is different and there are no absolutes, no wrong, no right, no better, no worse. Its intellectual cowardice.

I come to this board to listen or talk to people who share my opinions, trying to get others who don't to change their mind is pointless.
    Its a fine purpose for the people who want it. But another portion of the world enjoys debate over the "fan club" approach, and reasoning people CAN change their mind if you are persuasive and make a good case. Of course, I ALWAYS have to step in at this point of this line of logic to reinforce the fact that I also think that trollish arguing "he sucks", "no you suck", "you are stupid", etc. is worse than no debate at all. Intelligent people can disagree. I just also don't want to live in a world with no absolutes, where everyone has their own individual portions of Skittles and Rainbows and everyone is right and nobody is wrong, and worst of all... nobody ever tries.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456