+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dave is by far the the most overrated comic on this forum

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    Cotton is better for sniffing when panties are concerned, but in terms of wearing, polyester is much better, because then you can gag everyone with the stench.

oops did i reveal too much?
    LMFAO

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Cotton is better for sniffing when panties are concerned, but in terms of wearing, polyester is much better, because then you can gag everyone with the stench.

oops did i reveal too much?
    Oh, my. Well, coupled with the "can't we all get a bong" thread, yeah....that was a bit much.

Cotton wins.

Okay, everyone can resume beating everyone else verbally senseless, I guess. If it hasn't ended yet...I don't see a finale anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MajiH
    Oh, my. Well, coupled with the "can't we all get a bong" thread, yeah....that was a bit much.

Cotton wins.

Okay, everyone can resume beating everyone else verbally senseless, I guess. If it hasn't ended yet...I don't see a finale anytime soon.
    just glad I amuse some of you'se.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

On one hand, I tend to think the "everybody has differnent tastes" and "can't we all get along" arguments a bit of a cop-out, although I appreciate the reasons for making those points. Nobody making them is doing it for anything but the best reasons, but I just can't agree.

On the other hand, I just DON'T GET an attitude or personality type which dismisses basic civility, or at least fair-play, at least until some line is crossed. Trolls who come out of the woodwork with incomprehensible ranting and raving over reality show contestants, to the exclusion of reason, fairplay or civility, have a newly created special circle of hell waiting for them.

My viewpoint? There are absolutes on taste, and funny, and talent, etc., although admittedly they are based in part on moving targets and cultural viewpoints.

I think intelligent argumentation can (and often SHOULD) be made in favor of certain things being better, at a minimum the Internet would be quite boring if it was an endless progression of people saying simply "X rules!". That said "Y sucks!" is not a very valid form of debate, UNLESS some hard evidence and reasoning is used to support it. More than "I feel", hopefully.

In summary:

Debate: good
    Trolls: bad
    Can't We All Get Along: Understandible, but I don't agree

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Debate: good
    Trolls: bad
    Can't We All Get Along: Understandible, but I don't agree
    Simplistic.

Debate: Good (unless the two sides are essentially the same with some difference in some arcane nonsense, then it leads to bloodshed).

trolls: bad (unless they turn out to be cute trolls)

Can't we all get along: I still prefer to get a bong.

"The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

trolls: bad (unless they turn out to be cute trolls)
    Like those fuzzy haired ones I collected as a kid. Those were damned cute.

Quote Originally Posted by krom
    I think intelligent argumentation can (and often SHOULD) be made in favor of certain things being better, at a minimum the Internet would be quite boring if it was an endless progression of people saying simply "X rules!". That said "Y sucks!" is not a very valid form of debate, UNLESS some hard evidence and reasoning is used to support it. More than "I feel", hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddle245
    You guys need to check yourselves for a sec. 4 U guys that thinkDave is the 2nd coming: you don't get invited to many parties, do u? Most of daves jokes are corny, cheesy & just plain lame. His bit about having a crappy car is about one of the most played out topics of all time. Everytime I see him trying to be funny, I cover my ears so I dont gag out of disgust. This guy has the most conservative whitebread act I have ever heard. The only place I want to see his face is in the obituaries. Not to mention hes a complete idiot about not repeating his material: the best comics in the industry recycle material cuz only 5% of the material is the best. You cant expect to come up w/ a new GOOD set every day, or even WEEK unless youre Leno or Letterman & even they have a team of writers. The sooner dave realizes this, maybe he'll actually get somewhere & not get punked so badly by a newbie again.

Plus he actually has to do something a bit more exciting than sounding like hes reading the joeks off cue cards and standing in the same spot onstage for 10 min w/ his hands in his pockets. In fact the only time I laughed out loud at him was at his facial expression after being Slaughtered by the Dat 70-30. The Dat turned him into his bitch & rode him all the way back to minnesota. HA HA !!! Dave is Dat's bitch!!!
    so fiddle me this, are you the type of person who will tell the same jokes 20 times in one night at a party? then repeat the next night?

Quote Originally Posted by fiddle245
    Dave is Dat's bitch!!!
    Are you suggesting Dat can't get a date.

Quote Originally Posted by MajiH
    Are you suggesting Dat can't get a date.
    Didn't Eddie already say Dat had a g/f?

Sorry Ladies...

The Lost Prophet CashMoneySoviet's Avatar
    yea, and one of his jokes said she was pregnant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast