+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57

Thread: Dave is by far the the most overrated comic on this forum

  1. #21
    Mrs. Pusser's fanclub pudman13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    In my own mind
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    A lot of it depends on context i think. It also depends on where the induhvidual crosses the line between humor and prejudice.

    My wife, for example knows I mean nothing when I do some ethnic jokes, even if its against her ethnicity, because she knows i love her, and because I will make jokes against my own ethnicity as well. You can't always assume that though.

    sorry just thinking
    I'm of the belief that people choose to say what they choose to say for a reason. If someone has a personal axe to grind, it will come out in their comedy. You never can know for sure what's in someone's mind and heart, but when someone makes continued, repeated attacks on certain other people it means a lot more than if they make attacks on absolutely everyone. Equal-opportunity offfenders are a lot less offensive than people who contatnly pick the same target. I think it's OK, maybe even necessary, to burst taboos, and some of the best work comes from it, but I also think that what a comic chooses to say tells you a lot about who the comic really is. In fact, Dat's point about hoping a "good person" wins isn't too far off from this.

  2. #22
    Don't Panic senrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bainbridge Island, WA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,165
    Quote Originally Posted by pudman13
    I'm of the belief that people choose to say what they choose to say for a reason. If someone has a personal axe to grind, it will come out in their comedy. You never can know for sure what's in someone's mind and heart, but when someone makes continued, repeated attacks on certain other people it means a lot more than if they make attacks on absolutely everyone. Equal-opportunity offfenders are a lot less offensive than people who contatnly pick the same target. I think it's OK, maybe even necessary, to burst taboos, and some of the best work comes from it, but I also think that what a comic chooses to say tells you a lot about who the comic really is. In fact, Dat's point about hoping a "good person" wins isn't too far off from this.
    I'm convinced he said that not to Cory, but to the American people.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

  3. #23
    Autobots Roll Out! eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddle245
    You guys need to check yourselves for a sec. 4 U guys that thinkDave is the 2nd coming: you don't get invited to many parties, do u? Most of daves jokes are corny, cheesy & just plain lame. His bit about having a crappy car is about one of the most played out topics of all time. Everytime I see him trying to be funny, I cover my ears so I dont gag out of disgust. This guy has the most conservative whitebread act I have ever heard. The only place I want to see his face is in the obituaries. Not to mention hes a complete idiot about not repeating his material: the best comics in the industry recycle material cuz only 5% of the material is the best. You cant expect to come up w/ a new GOOD set every day, or even WEEK unless youre Leno or Letterman & even they have a team of writers. The sooner dave realizes this, maybe he'll actually get somewhere & not get punked so badly by a newbie again.

    Plus he actually has to do something a bit more exciting than sounding like hes reading the joeks off cue cards and standing in the same spot onstage for 10 min w/ his hands in his pockets. In fact the only time I laughed out loud at him was at his facial expression after being Slaughtered by the Dat 70-30. The Dat turned him into his bitch & rode him all the way back to minnesota. HA HA !!! Dave is Dat's bitch!!!
    There is no place for that. Dat thinks Dave is a funnier comic. Dat and his roommate Ron McGhee's endless array of analogies states:

    Its like a baseball player with an awesome batting average and a ton of runs/homeruns. Every now and again they strike out, and the people are pissed at the pitcher. Everyone has their bad sets. Dave is NOT Dat's bitch. Please be respectful and don't think you are defending Dat when you say that. Thank you.
    -Eddie

  4. #24
    Autobots Roll Out! eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    I'm convinced he said that not to Cory, but to the American people.
    I'm sure he meant to say it to both Cory and the American people. Don't forget, they're playing a game. You can't think for one second Dat isn't playing the game or planning his next move. He truely is a nice guy, but he also wants to win just like everyone else. And Dat doesn't have a coalition behind him.. All he has are himself, his material and his hope in the house.
    -Eddie

  5. #25
    Autobots Roll Out! eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by holiday
    Dave is funny, you sir are not
    oh, here begins another war.
    -Eddie

  6. #26
    Autobots Roll Out! eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    I don't understand why you must denigrate others with your 'you guys think Dave is the 2nd coming' Blarney. While admittedly, I didn't like the way they portrayed him on the show, and I don't appreciate his sour grapes afterward, understand that different people like different things. Some people like Chocolate Ice Cream, and some Vanilla. Heck, I even here that some like Strawberry. Before you start insulting Dave though, you need to walk a mile in Ralphie's shoes.
    Hey dude, I like Strawberry!
    -Eddie

  7. #27
    Autobots Roll Out! eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    I'll second that. It's even more played than the Ruben vs. Clay match a few months ago
    hey, any publicity is good publicity, right?
    -Eddie

  8. #28
    Hug me!
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,761
    Geez.. people.. CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, JAPANESE, FILIPINO or INDIAN.. they are here to stay... just like DAT in LCS or Harlemm in Fame so GET USED TO IT.
    Last edited by RubenFan#205; 07-18-2003 at 04:46 PM.

  9. #29
    Don't Panic senrik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bainbridge Island, WA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,165
    Quote Originally Posted by ruben_of_205
    Geez.. people.. CHINESE, VIETNAMESE, JAPANESE, FILIPINO or INDIAN.. they are here to stay... just like DAT in LCS... so GET USED TO IT.
    uh, when do they become Americans? when do I for that matter.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

  10. #30
    Hug me!
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,761
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    uh, when do they become Americans? when do I for that matter.
    huh ? who ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.